Copied to Clipboard!

Just paste into your Minecraft client to play.

Transcentient's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Applications' started by TransAlt, Jun 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 TransAlt, Jun 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2018 at 6:31 AM
    GENERAL INFORMATION
    [Short Responses]

Minecraft Username: Transcentient
    Alt Name(s): xXNoHaxXx
    [If applicable]

Date of application: 12 June 2018
    Timezone: UTC+8:00
    Donor Rank: Zeus
    [If applicable]

Do you have access to Skype?*
    [Yes/No]
    Yes

Do you have access to Discord?*
    [Yes/No]
    Yes

Do you have access to record high quality videos?*
    [Yes/No]
    Yes

Do you speak languages other than English?*
    [If so, please specify language & fluency.]
    Chinese, though I'm not fluent at it.

When are you most active the server?*
    [A complete timetable prefered but general times will work]
    Monday : 9 Hours
    Tuesday: 9 hours
    Wednesday: 9 hours
    Thursday 9 hours 30mins
    Friday 9 hours 30mins
    Saturday + Sunday: About 12 hours per day

Have you applied before?*
    [If yes explain why you were denied]
    No, this is my very first application.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

QUESTIONS
    [Long responses]

How well known are you within the community?*
    I would consider myself quite well known though not in a good way. 80% of those who know me consider myself annoying because I constantly try to annoy them without me knowing I annoy them. For example, I tried to get GoldenFin's Zeus rank removed since it was from a paper rank though I was only trying to help out the staff team and I don't want to be known as really annoying. But the other 20% like me for example GoldenFin and ToastieTash though I don't know how Golden would still talk to me, if someone took my rank away, I would be complaining all day long.

In what way(s) do you believe you can make a positive impact on the server?*
    I think I can bring in a positive impact to the server since I can be on for long hours in my opinion, my timezone does not have many people in it so I can moderate when other staff might be sleeping or at school and some people might not know good English, but know Chinese. So I might be able to help them out speaking to them in the Chinese I know. And the since server was recently revamped, I think can help out new players joining the server every day.

How much time on average can you strongly state you can be actively on the network in a week?*
    If my math is correct, I can spend 9.2 hours a week on average. Moreover, I might be able to be on much longer since my year end exams come in September and after that I can do whatever I want. So, I can spend more time on cyclone and in the middle of November, my holidays start so I will be on a lot longer from middle November to end of December.

Do you have any past experiences in a staff position?*
    [If so, please explain your experience and what you have learned. DO NOT name other servers.]
    Yes, I have been an admin on 2 unnamed servers due to me constantly helping out since the start of the server. Whenever a new person joins, I will help them out and teach them how to start out. And I've had a couple experiences with hackers so I will be able to deal with them whenever one comes on.

Have you ever received any punishment(s) on CycloneNetwork?*
    [If so, please explain why & what would have learned from this experience.]
    Yes I have. I received 3 warnings in V6 due to me spamming a shop sign. The other 2 I cannot remember. Last v, I got banned for scamming someone and I knew it was wrong, but I needed help because I was still new, though I can promise you, that will never happen again. This v, I have been muted for flooding chat because Jarne so called "scammed" my witch spawner. I was super mad and flooded chat. I know it was the wrong thing and again, I can promise you, that will never happen again. I have had a kick for msg spam, again spamming Jarne and a warn again because I was spamming about Jarne how he was a "liar", just like the others, you will not see that again. Even if I do not get accepted, you will still not see it. And I also got muted by Juscky for staff disrespect because IGotThatGreen didn't allow me to join the island, and took my 10 stacks of diamond blocks, not giving it back. And I wouldn't stop complaining and got a mute.

How long have you been playing on CycloneNetwork?*
    [If exact time isn’t known, a general idea will do.]
    I have been playing since V4 but I don't know if that was a different server, but I was getting a little known in prison V6.

Give an example of a problem you’ve encountered and how you solved it.*
    [This can either be in game or in the real world.]
    I've seen my brother steal his friends things, so I immediately told my mother what happened. My mom told the school and he got punishes. And this can happen in Cyclone too. Someone scams another person, and if I'm not accepted, I can report him on either the forums or in discord. And I can also use the ./helpop command so a staff member might come on and ban him/her.

Tell us about yourself - What qualities/skills do you feel define you?*
    [This would include activities and hobbies outside of Minecraft. As well as skills that would benefit the team.]
    I can screenshare people and find out if they are hacking or not, even if they don't admit I can easily find out if they are using Jigsaw or ghost clients. But my hobby has nothing to do with cyclone. I play soccer with my friends meaning I know how to work as a team and play a game called Rocket League which people call childish, but I can ignore them. And sometimes I play basketball. I have a few school medals for both soccer and basketball.

Anything else we should know that we didn't ask about?*
    I typed this on my phone so it took quite a while to make this.
    I like to play soccer as stated
    And I'm also trying to learn more about JavaScript, HTML and CSS! I've taken 5 courses for them so if you need help editing the forums page, just ask me. Even if I do not get accepted, I will still be active and try to improve the server.

2. Hey Trans,
    I looked into your application and Id like to tell you my opinion about it.
    So far, it looks really good, I still think you can improve your answers but they are already good.
    I think you should add some information in "Anything else we should know that we didn't ask about?*", it can be your favorite food, favorite sports, etc.
    For the moment, I don't know if I want to Support your application or not.
    I'll be waiting for other replies and I'll choose whether I support you or not.
    I wish you the best of luck!
    [+/-Support]
    -Pandaaa

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanks! I'll try to make that better

4. Hope I improved it.

5. Hello Trans, you application is a good start. However, there are things that could be improved on. For example, there are a lot of grammar errors in your application, your application also needs more detail and finally you need to be more professional in your writing, don’t say ‘dickhead’. Finally, I want to say that you should try to improve your behaviour on the server as I have seen multiple times when you argued with staff or another player.

(Also please don’t bump your application by putting unnecessary replies)

Current Verdict: -Support

Your Friendly Llama,

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Thanks for the feedback, ill try to improve it.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. Greetings @TransAlt,

It's going to be a [-/+ Support] from me because of the following responses:

- Today on the server you were semi-disrespecting staff calling them "dumb" @Lucy_69, can back me up here.
    - Few grammar mistakes.
    + You are active.
    + You can be toxic.

Capitalise the "i" and change "wouldnt" to wouldn't.

8. Thanks! I fixed it and I try not to be toxic, but I just can't help it

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. #11 Sharkmatiix, Jun 16, 2018 at 7:55 AM
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2018 at 12:48 PM
    If you can't help it, then don't apply. The server needs mature staff.

• Like Like x 1
  10. The application is decent. However seeing how toxic you are. Try and prove for the next weeks that you can be normal.
    Seeing how you keep disrespecting staff/server
    Current support -
    I know you can change because everyone can

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. #14 Dom, Jun 18, 2018 at 7:48 AM
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2018 at 11:46 AM
    You probably knew this was coming.

Yesterday, there was a huge toxic clash between a few players that me and Haitsu gathered evidence for. I saw that you were engaged in the clash and the way you handled it led me and a couple of others to believe that you cannot handle a staff position right now. Other players have mentioned of your toxic behavior in the thread but have not given evidence besides a few punishments in your punishments record.

Here are a few notable instances:

§7[§4§k|§r§f§lBae§4§l<3§r§c§k|§r§7] §7[§2§lZeus§7] §2§4§o§l§nTrans§c§o§l§ncen§f§o§l§ntient §7§l» baddest this isnt discord u *****
    §7[§4§k|§r§f§lBae§4§l<3§r§c§k|§r§7] §7[§2§lZeus§7] §2§4§o§l§nTrans§c§o§l§ncen§f§o§l§ntient §7§l» mmh
    §7[§4§k|§r§f§lBae§4§l<3§r§c§k|§r§7] §7[§2§lZeus§7] §2§4§o§l§nTrans§c§o§l§ncen§f§o§l§ntient §7§l» wait u have no iq tp land on §7[§4§k|§r§f§lBae§4§l<3§r§c§k|§r§7] §7[§2§lZeus§7] §2§4§o§l§nTrans§c§o§l§ncen§f§o§l§ntient §7§l» to*
    §7[§4§k|§r§f§lBae§4§l<3§r§c§k|§r§7] §7[§2§lZeus§7] §2§4§o§l§nTrans§c§o§l§ncen§f§o§l§ntient §7§l» lmao all ur "roasts" came from ur mom
    §7[§d§k|§r§5§lToxic§d§k|§r§7] §7[§3Wind§7]§r §3§bxXSoul_AvengerXx §7§l» atleast some of us have a mom trans...
    §7[§4§k|§r§f§lBae§4§l<3§r§c§k|§r§7] §7[§2§lZeus§7] §2§4§o§l§nTrans§c§o§l§ncen§f§o§l§ntient §7§l» baddest at least we have balls

§7[§4§k|§r§f§lBae§4§l<3§r§c§k|§r§7] §7[§2§lZeus§7] §2§4§o§l§nTrans§c§o§l§ncen§f§o§l§ntient §7§l» baddest at least we have balls
    §7[§4§k|§r§f§lBae§4§l<3§r§c§k|§r§7] §7[§2§lZeus§7] §2§4§o§l§nTrans§c§o§l§ncen§f§o§l§ntient §7§l» get a rank then talk *****u poor *****

You could've handled the situation in a number of different ways other than this. Staff do not take their time to argue with other players, especially to the point of insulting a person's intelligence. Staff are supposed to be role models, and they are followed by example. If you were in that situation as a staff member and you were arguing in chat with another player, other players would get the hint that this behavior would be allowed and they will continue your behavior. Staff must set a good example in order to prevent other players from breaking the rules.

Though I will say that you did claim you were going to contact other staff (which none of them were online at the time unless they were in vanish):

§7[§4§k|§r§f§lBae§4§l<3§r§c§k|§r§7] §7[§2§lZeus§7] §2§4§o§l§nTrans§c§o§l§ncen§f§o§l§ntient §7§l» lmao im just going to try to get a staff member on

But those instances were few and far between. That situation created an impression on what you will be like as a staff member, and it is because of the way you handled this situation that my vote is a [-Support]. Otherwise, good luck anyways, I hope you can improve on your behavior.

For anyone who is interested in the whole debacle, it can be found here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I do think you can be toxic at times, like arguing with staff and other players, but you might be able to change. For now, I am going to give you a
    [-Support]
    until I see your maturity and attitude in-game improve.

13. Thank You for your interest in applying to become a staff member on Cyclone Network. However, some things are limiting you from achieving this postition. If you wish to apply again, please do in 30 days.

I wish you the best of luck if you apply again!

Locked & Denied

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.