WELCOME TO CYCLONE

Start your adventure, become a god!
Server IP: cyclonenw.com

Soft_Potato's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Applications' started by Soft_Potato, Apr 30, 2017.

1. #1 Soft_Potato, Apr 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    Minecraft Username: Soft_Potato.
    Date of application: 4/30/2017 - 7:35 AM PDT
    Timezone: Pacific Daylight Time (PDT).
    Server Ranks (Prison Mine Rank / Donor Rank):

Prestige 30, Z on Prison and Cyclone donor rank.

Do you meet all the requirements? If so, please provide a link to your punishment page from the ban website & the 2 player reports you have made.

Yes, I meet all the requirements. Specifics:
    Must be 12 years of age or older - I am 12 years old
    Must have a minimum of 20 hours of playing time in-game - In a week? No, but I have more time on the weekends.
    Must have a minimum of 15 forum posts. - I have more than 15 forum posts.
    Must have an active forums account for one month - I started on the forums on December 23rd, 2016.
    Must have access to TeamSpeak, Skype & Discord - I have all of them.
    Must have the ability to use voice communication - I can sometimes speak into my microphone.
    Must have a partially clean record (exceptions given) - I have 1 warning by ParadoxGamerYT for letter spam, there are many more that do not appear.
    Must have at least submitted 2 player reports - I have submitted more than 2 and 2 have been linked below.
    Must have detailed responses and answers - I revised all my answers and am trying to make them as detailed as possible.

Ban website:
    http://cyclonenetwork.org/bans/history.php?uuid=e17df9f7-aa7d-43ce-92b8-1d1cf706cf4e&from=bans

Player Reports:
    http://www.cyclonenetwork.org/threads/itssegev-spamming-death-threats-bypassing-chat-filter.3942/
    http://www.cyclonenetwork.org/threads/xxxcanadian-death-threats.3874/

Do you have access to Team Speak & a working microphone?*

I have access to Team Speak, and a working microphone.

Do you have access to Skype?*

Yes.

Do you have access to Discord?*

Yes.

Do you have access to record high quality videos?*

Yes.

Do you speak languages other than English? If so, please specify language & fluency.

No, I do not speak any other languages. But, I am taking French or Spanish next year.

Where are you most active in the server?
    [If more than one, please rank from most to least active]

[1] Prison
    [2] Skyblock
    [3] Factions

Have you made any previous staff applications? If so, specify a date.
    [Must be 30 days from last denied application]

This is my third staff application.
    1st - 1/2/17
    2nd - 3/25/17

=========================

QUESTIONS
    [Long responses]

How do you think you can make a difference for the network?

I would make a difference by helping the new players particularly on prison. It would be great to have more staff members on prison, because every day I see new prison players come and 10 minutes later, they leave. I think the problem is that they do not receive enough help and just give up; this is relatable for when I tried to go on another server, but all of them were crowded on only one part of the server.

If I could become staff member, I can help out the new players without feeling like I shouldn't do it if I'm not a helper. I am also good at solving problems/conflicts that go on in prison. For example, if there was a fight about someone scamming them, I would respond to them as I've seen many staff members have responded to me when I've had the same problem.

How much time can you contribute to the server in a week?

At least 16 hours, and maybe even 20 if I am being very productive. I get 2 hours a day, because I have to go swimming nearly everyday, but on the weekends I get 3 hours+. These are the estimated times I'll be on.

School:
    Sunday: 1:00PM+
    Monday: 6:00 - 6:15 AM, 3:00 - 7:00 PM.
    Tuesday: 6:00 - 6:15 AM, 3:00 - 5:45 PM, 8:00 - 9:30 PM.
    Wednesday: 6:00 - 6:15 AM, 2:10 PM+
    Thursday: 3:00 - 4:50 PM, 8:30 - 10:00 PM.
    Friday: 6:00 - 6:15 AM, 3:00 - 7:00 PM.
    Saturday: 11:00AM+

Summer:
    Sunday: 12:00 PM+
    Monday: 12:00 - 3:00 PM, 5:00 - 7:00 PM
    Tuesday: 12:00 - 4:00 PM, 7:30 - 8:00 PM
    Wednesday: 12:00 PM+
    Thursday: 12:00 - 5:00 PM, 8:00 - 10:00 PM
    Friday: 1:00 - 4:00 PM, 6:30 - 8:00 PM
    Saturday: 12:00 PM+

Do you have any past experiences in moderating? If so, please explain your experience and what you have learned.

For a short period of time, I was a Mod on a friend's private server and I realized how much staff members hold and what they could do if they were to abuse it. On that server, I would just be playing around and if someone joins, I can just ban them if they were being annoying, but unlike this server, I have to earn everyone's trust before I can do any staffing officially. I learned that trust is very important when it comes to being a staff member, if someone were untrustworthy as a staff member, no one would want to join the server and be hated by the most respected players.

Have you ever been banned, muted or kicked on CycloneNetwork? If so, please explain why & what would have learned from this experience.

Yes, I have been banned, muted, and kicked. When I got banned, it was for making a 'Nazi Fortress,' I got banned for 4 days by Huggiee. I didn't acknowledge at the time that people were offended by what I had built and that I was supporting a cause that isn't even appropriate to talk about. Now, after I learned about World War 2 and who the Nazis were, the thing I built on my plot was very immature and to anyone who was offended, I deeply apologize.

When I was muted, it was for bypassing the chat filter, I got muted for a while by an admin, after I was repeatedly showing off to other staff members like Broanater that I can be just as powerful. What I did during that period of time was very immature, because Minecraft + Cyclone Network is supposed to family friendly and for anyone to play, so what I did would be very disrespectful to parents. I learned that Cyclone is a very nice server and if I were to continue disturbing the peace, there would be some serious consequences.

And when I was kicked, it was for flooding chat, I learned that rules are there for a reason, and that is to keep this server orderly. While I was there spamming and repeatedly saying things, I could be interfering with other people's conversations that could potentially be important. There would be people telling me to stop flooding chat with my useless chat and I wouldn't stop because I thought my ideas were so important.

How long have you been playing on CycloneNetwork?

I joined late version 1, quit at the end of version 2, and joined back in the middle of version 5.

What is a mistake you have done in the past? What would you do differently today and what did you learn from it?

A mistake I did was a few days after April Fools, I was upset that I didn't get to prank my siblings or parents, so I pulled a prank on my older brother (Sorry, I meant older) involving petroleum jelly on the doorknob. I would never do this today, because of the consequences that followed. My mom who was talking with me and giving me a lecture that I should have kept track of April Fools could have been a lot more productive than I was like working her home job. I learned two things: 1) Do not say or do something offensive to other people, they could be doing something better than dealing with the situation. 2) Be more organized, and do things on time, the result is far worse than you think.

Tell us about yourself - What qualities/skills do you feel define you?
    This would include activities and hobbies outside of Minecraft. As well as skills that would benefit the team.

I know when people are needing help if they are not direct with it, and I can easily understand people's emotions and quickly correct my mistakes if I have any. Every Fall, I go to cross-country where we go on running routines every day and a meet every Thursday. This means that I could keep doing things that I start and will not stop until it is over. I am very resourceful, when a player is speaking another language in main chat, I pull up google translate, detect the language, copy it in and respond in the corresponding language saying, "English only in main chat." Even though I am not supposed to do this, I still do it for the greater good and not waste everyone's time by doing /helpop and getting staff when it could simply be finished in a snap. Another thing is, I learn fast, all my teachers and classmates say that, even though I am bored in class or in anything in general, I will still excel, listen, and take feedback from anyone. Although, I have all these qualities and skills, I have certain things that I can improve on, that includes explaining my reasoning, being more social, and treat other people better.

Anything else we should know?

I hope you acknowledge my persistence of getting staff, because this is my third staff application and I won't be quitting easy. If you knew me before, I was very immature and I tried to get "The most warns," I also (In version 2) griefed plots when players asked to me sign when they were being so nice to ask for my signature.

Something else you should know is that I am trying to get on Skyblock more often and learn about how to get around. I can share my experience with the newer players who are also getting to know the serve, but I will still be on Prison a lot more. Thank you for your time.

2. Since you do not have skype, it would be very hard to become a staff member. Skype is a very commonly used app, it is used for the staff to communicate, and to do your interview if you make it that far. If you want a chance at becoming staff, I advise u to download skype.
    (It's FREE)

I also suggest getting a working microphone, helps you talk to other players via Ts, discord, etc

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'm a kid! I don't have parent's permission to talk with random people online, and I could probably get my microphone to work. Thanks for the advice!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. #4 Tuckersteward, May 2, 2017
    Last edited: May 2, 2017
    I personally am not a huge fan of you as you did a forum post once (I think it was a staff application or a ban appeal) and I disagreed with it so I disliked it and you messaged me all angry and mad about it and this shows that you may not be a very mature person.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  5. there is a disagree status for that not dislike :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. opps my bad

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. And you have not moved on at all. You are just assuming that I have not changed whatsoever, it does not even sound like you even read the application.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I have but I do think it is something that the admin's (Kian) should see when he is going through this. This shows how you reacted when you were mad and this should be taken into consideration.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Don't get so harsh with a staff application up, This could effect your chances of becoming a candidate of moving on into the other stage's

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  10. Agreed

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Just great, I just messed up the third one

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. I don't think arguing in your application comments makes it look too good :(People have their opinions and they must be equally accepted.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Nice app. Could use a little bit more detail on the mistake and some other short ones. For the being a kid and skype, I'm sure your parents will let you download it if you promise to only talk with staff

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. And it does say in the staff application format not to do that and that it will result in the application being "denied" as said here.

"- Do NOT have arguments in the comment section of your application. If a player says that you are unfit, maybe it is for your own good. Instead of fighting at the player for that comment, better yourself."

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. Sorry Tucker I should have been more careful.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Your application is decent, although missing portions of information it's still valid. The response to criticism in the comments is going to affect your chances at staff, as staff members will consistently get criticism your response is not a good representation of how you would react to negative feedback if you were staff, then you needed to be told this to apologize, I believe you should add more detail. I know you are very active and are generally a very nice happy person. We will see how your application goes after you give it some edits.

- Dylz.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Okay, I'll try to improve it

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. This is a decent application, altough, It would look better if you make a schedule of when you can be online at "How much time can you contribute to the server in a week?"

Good luck, - Ramon.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Thanks I'll add that now, but I don't really have specific times I'll be on, because it depends on the amount of homework I have and whether I need to stay for school tutorial.

• Like Like x 1
  20. I'm not sure if I've see you online for the past couple of days...

~Darknessplays