Copied to Clipboard!

Just paste into your Minecraft client to play.

Snowy's Staff Application.

Discussion in 'Applications' started by DAS, Jul 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 DAS, Jul 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    GENERAL INFORMATION
    [Short Responses]

Minecraft Username: Snqwzy
    Alt Name(s): SnqwzyV2 & SnqwzyV3
    [If applicable]

Date of application: Wednesday 4th July 2018
    Timezone: British Summer Time
    Donor Rank: Zeus
    [If applicable]

Do you have access to Skype?*
    Yes I currently have access to skype.

Do you have access to Discord?*
    Yes I currently have access to discord.

Do you have access to record high quality videos?*
    Yes I currently have access to record high quality videos.

Do you speak languages other than English?*
    No I don't speak any other languages than english.

When are you most active the server?*
    I am most active in weekdays after school: 4 - 6pm and I can also be on around 8 - 12pm usually.
    On weekends I am active all through the day but i'm most active between 8-12am and the same 8 - 12pm

I can also be active in other times unexpectedly when I hop on if I feel like it.

Have you applied before?*
    Yes I have applied around 3 years ago when I got denied for being too young, but I would like to try again and this time make the best application to my abilities

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

QUESTIONS
    [Long responses]

How well known are you within the community?*
    I believe out of 10 I would rate myself a 6 or a 7 on the well known because I don't think i'm massively well known because I have had my ups and downs in the past when i've become more annoying at times, this mostly being because I was younger and I seemed to annoy more people back then.

In what way(s) do you believe you can make a positive impact on the server?*
    I will make sure I maintain a positive attitude to make players feel more welcome to the server, and help players out if they ever need it.

I am determined to help the server however I can, and be the best I can possibly be to improve the server in the best ways can with my current knowledge.

I am also highly against racism and I will appropriately deal with such a situation if it was ever to happen since I don't usually see alot of racism and this is a good thing!

How much time on average can you strongly state you can be actively on the network in a week?*
    I can be on the server approximately 14 - 20 hours a week depending on in real life activities but as mentioned earlier I can hop on from time to time just for a chat and a little time to chill out.

Do you have any past experiences in a staff position?*
    Yes I was previously an Admin on a friends skyblock server for around 3 - 4 months a while back and whilst I was Admin I tested a few things out and just helped them out in general.

I also currently own my own survival server on minecraft pocket edition, sadly I can't translate most of my experience onto CycloneNetwork since the information that I have learnt in the last year or so is mostly ranking systems. Sadly the Cyclone ranking system is different and as for this reason I can't currently make this information useful but you never know what I will learn in the future if I was to become a Cyclone staff member.

Have you ever received any punishment(s) on CycloneNetwork?*
    I currently have one warning on the bans page at this current moment and I am aiming to get no more but this was for letter spamming and it was a mistake and I truly regret doing this act.

Also I have one mute for ban evading, that i'm not fully sure the reason of.

I have also been muted and warned countless times in the past, however since I have improved my attitude towards players and staff and I have been getting much less punishments.

How long have you been playing on CycloneNetwork?*
    I have been playing on the server since around Version 2 (V2) and I believe this was around 3 or 4 years ago, I was about 9 or 8 when I joined and as I mentioned above I applied around this time and got denied for being too young.

Give an example of a problem you’ve encountered and how you solved it.*
    I once fell out with a friend in real life but I asked them to sit down and talk about it with me and we solved this and we are currently still friends.

Tell us about yourself - What qualities/skills do you feel define you?*
    I have a hobby of doing art and colouring in real life and I also think it's very fun to manage a server.

Anything else we should know that we didn't ask about?*
    I have detailed knowledge of the game and I will prioritise helping the community in any way possible.

2. There’s a decent amount of mistakes with your grammar, and it could definitely use a little bit more detail, however I’ve played with you for a while now and I have learned a good amount about you and seen your personality. In my opinion you are very active and I think that you would make a pretty good staff member. Good luck and you have a +Support from me

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thanks for the support! Could you point out these mistakes, it would be helpful :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hey Snqwzy!

As I read through your application, most of the issues I've encountered were mentioned by Infinity, though I'd like to add a couple of things.

Regarding ways you can positively improve the server, your answer seems a little general and similar to other applicants. Each staff member should be unique in their behavior, actions, and overall impact towards the server. The ways you claim you can make an impact towards the server can be done by anyone, so really try to find what you, yourself, can bring to Cyclone that will make you stand out from other applicants.

With past experience in a position of power, it would be helpful to explain what you've learned and how you plan to introduce pieces of knowledge to Cyclone. Simply stating that you've had past experience may impress the staff team, but without explanation, they will probably not consider it all that much.

Other than that, try focusing on improving your grammar and syntax, as well as giving more detail to some of your answers.

As far as in-game is concerned, I don't see anything negative about your behavior, but nothing that screams optimism either, which is probably due to not knowing you that much. I'll leave behavior and mannerisms to other's opinions.

Since I see no major flaws in your behavior, having potential to improve, and an okay punishment record, my vote is [-/+ Support] for now, and is subject to change.

Good luck with the application process, and I hope you find a use for the constructed criticism!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. #5 DAS, Jul 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    Thanks for the advice, ill try my best to add these things to my application :)

Edit: I have improved the staff experiences question and I have explained in more detail about these experiences.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hey Snowy, I would just like to point out some mistakes. In the Have you ever received any punishment(s) on CycloneNetwork? section, you wrote a but as qbut. I dont think 14 - 20 hours a week is long enough to be a staff member. I think you should add in more details in some of your Long responses questions. So I'm just going to stay on a neutral support right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Hello Snowy,

Thank You for applying to join the staff team. We are interested in your application and for that reason, I would like to offer you an interview so we can further understand and talk to you about your application. Please message me over the forums or on Discord with your Skype name so we can plan an interview!

I look forward to hearing from you! MiTo :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.