Copied to Clipboard!

Just paste into your Minecraft client to play.

Randumly's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Applications' started by Randumly, Aug 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GENERAL INFORMATION
    [Short Responses]

Minecraft Username: Randumly (previous ign was Jrod8ify)
    Alt Name(s): none
    [If applicable]

Date of application: 8/8/2018
    Timezone: CDT
    Donor Rank: Hurricane
    [If applicable]

Do you have access to Skype?*
    [Yes/No]

Yes, I have access to Skype.
    Do you have access to Discord?*
    [Yes/No]

Yes, I have access to Discord
    Do you have access to record high quality videos?*
    [Yes/No]

Unfortunately no, I cannot.
    Do you speak languages other than English?*
    [If so, please specify language & fluency.]

I am learning Italian and Spanish and know the basics of each language, I am able to understand common words and can speak sentences but I'm no walking dictionary.
    When are you most active the server?*
    [A complete timetable prefered but general times will work]

May late - Mid August
    Friday 10am - 1pm and 4pm - 11pm (or later)
    The rest of the week 10am - 11pm
    September - Early May (School)
    Friday through Sunday - 10am - 11pm
    Monday through Thursday - 5pm - 11pm
    (Note that every other week on Fridays and Sundays during the school year I'll be unavailable for about 2 hours around 1pm-3pm. I also fly and travel very often during the Summer so there will be some days where I will be unavailable on the server).
    Have you applied before?*
    [If yes explain why you were denied]

I have never applied before
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

QUESTIONS
    [Long responses]

How well known are you within the community?*
    I'd say I'm pretty well known, throughout the community. Everyone in tab is easily recognizable and I have spoken with most of them and chat with them often. In previous Vs I had only spoken to a small group of people but now I think I am much more known than in the past.
    In what way(s) do you believe you can make a positive impact on the server?*
    I'd be an extremely active staff member and since I've joined I have helped many players with their questions and have given them whatever assistance that was needed. I am quick to respond to messages from all players and have been on the server long enough to understand majority, if not all of the rules.
    How much time on average can you strongly state you can be actively on the network in a week?*
    I am able to get on the server at least once every day, about 5-6 hours or longer on the server on school days and 8+ hours when I do not have school (I have no life). On the forums I am able to check during and after school so I should be able to get on here very often as well.
    Do you have any past experiences in a staff position?*
    [If so, please explain your experience and what you have learned. DO NOT name other servers.]

My longest lasting experience as staff was being mod for 1-2 years on a much larger server than Cyclone, and admin for about 2-3 months on a fairly new server. Both positions I had resigned either because the server shut down or for personal reasons. I have a general idea of most of the commands used and already know the well known such as /kick, /ban, /mute... I have learned to not be biased when it comes to warns and punishments, no matter who the player may be. In the past I've kept up and talked to both staff and players who message and need me, if I am unavailable to the server I try to direct them the best I can to someone who may be able to help or help them to the best of my ability while offline.
    Have you ever received any punishment(s) on CycloneNetwork?*
    [If so, please explain why & what would have learned from this experience.]

As far as I know/remember I haven't had a single punishment since I've joined v4.
    How long have you been playing on CycloneNetwork?*
    [If exact time isn’t known, a general idea will do.]

Since late V4 or early V5. I had first joined just to mess around for a day, then a month or so later is when I became active on Cyclone with a friend who had also been staff with me on a different server.
    Give an example of a problem you’ve encountered and how you solved it.*
    [This can either be in game or in the real world.]

On an old server I used to be staff on, starting out as staff there was no way for me to ban besides contacting higher up staff to do it for me so whenever they weren't available all I could do was temp mute and kick. Anytime there was a hacker or use of an illegal mod (such as afking with mob aura), I'd ask another player or another staff/helper to record it for me (as I am unable to record) and send it to whatever forums page we had for it or to me and higher staff as proof. As soon as I had the proof needed I would kick the punished player and contact a staff member able to ban as soon as possible. If it were advertising a server, then a kick and a temp mute would be made instead.
    Tell us about yourself - What qualities/skills do you feel define you?*
    [This would include activities and hobbies outside of Minecraft. As well as skills that would benefit the team.]

I am never one to continue arguments, if I do I immediately take it to /msg or anywhere that is possible to message outside of main chat. I'm a very empathetic, cooperative person. I'm very patient and rarely will I ever become too annoyed and angry. You could put me through a 2 hour fast food drive thru wait and I'd still be fine with it, I hadn't raged in the parkour event until the very last area which was city to further prove how insanely patient I am (Kinda scary tbh). I'm very friendly towards others, no matter how nice or rude they are in return, and generally have a "treat how you'd want to be treated" attitude.
    Anything else we should know that we didn't ask about?*
    I'm much more active on Discord and I will respond much quicker there than on Skype either by being tagged or in dms.
    On either Skype or Discord about every other week I will only be able to type/listen/have my mic muted in voice channels, this is due to things irl that is not done by choice. If I do talk during such a week it will likely be for a short time. This will happen much less (every other weekend) once school starts.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Very well created application!
    I see you in chat helping whoever may need it and I'd have to say you'd be a great member to the staff team ,good luck!

+Support

3. Extremely excited to see this. You’re very helpful and kind as it is already. Your application is great and overall I think you would be a great addition to the staff team! I would suggest getting bandicam or something similar that is free for recording videos however.

Best of luck - British :)

4. I could try to get bandicam again, I've had it before but my laptop is old and would make Minecraft crash verrry often, I wouldn't be surprised if it wouldn't work but I'll try to find something. Thank you!

5. I had the same recording problem, I would recommend fraps as I hear it is good. OBS will make your whole laptop lag I guarantee.

I can see alot of effort has gone into your applicstion, and you are a really nice person to talk to in both discord *BLOW* and in chat, best of luck,
    - Koala :)

6. I am happy to see you have applied as I have somewhat been awaiting this.

Your application has a well detailed base.

+Support

7. Well pretty good application, anyways... you're a pretty active player and overall a great player. I really didn't think you'd have past experience in terms of staffing and was pretty surprised to see that.

Well anyways there's nothing much else for me to say, good luck.

Positive Support.

8. Lock this please, some stuff popped up and I don't think it's a good time for me to be applying atm. Perhaps I'll apply at another time, just gonna be really busy for a while and personal stuff.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Nice application
    + support.
    1 question do you think the server is dying? please specify why you gave that answer

• Old Old x 1
  10. Locked as requested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.