Copied to Clipboard!

Just paste into your Minecraft client to play.

Lucy_69 Staff application.

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by Lucy_69, May 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Lucy_69, May 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    GENERAL INFORMATION
    [Short Responses]

Minecraft Username: Lucy_69
    Alt Name(s): Purur

Date of application: 7 may 2018
    Timezone: CEST
    Donor Rank: Wind

Do you have access to Skype?*
    Yes, My skype name is live:ernstspam4

Do you have access to Discord?*
    Yes, my discord is Lucy#8966

Do you have access to record high-quality videos?*
    Yes I do

Do you speak languages other than English?*
    Dutch is my native language. Witch I therefore speak fluently.
    And English is my second language which I speak almost fluently.

When are you most active the server?*
    Depends on my school times I have exams at this very moment and after exams I have a 5-month vacation. And when I am active it is usually on the skyblock server.

Have you applied before?*
    Yes One of them got locked because I asked ( i was only getting negative feedback from staff/players)
    Another one of them got locked because I requested. (Also due to negative feedback)
    And another one for using the wrong format.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

QUESTIONS
    [Long responses]

How well known are you within the community?*
    Pretty well know I think, but I am not really known in a good way. it is like hey there's Lucy_69 that toxic player. and that is not how I want to be known. but I know that it is my own fault. I was really toxic in the last versions And if your always toxic people don't see you when you're nice. But I can also be a really nice guy. It is my own fault for being toxic. It I like as a kid you did something stupid and now it is still following you as a Grown up.

In what way(s) do you believe you can make a positive impact on the server?*
    Due to the server starting up again I want to support it so it has a higher chance of succeeding. Because of all the fun the Cyclone network has given me I want to help other people experience the same fun that I had. I have also seen a lot of Dutch players that don't have the ability to speak English. I often see them talking Dutch in public chat and then they get warned by staff. Giving them a warn doesn't help as they don't know what they are warned for. For them being a dutch staff on the server also improves their ability to ask questions to staff.

How much time on average can you strongly state you can be actively on the network in a week?*
    The times are really hard to predict, I'm currently doing my exams next week. After the exams, I have a vacation for 4-5 months. During the vacation, I can spend 50-60 hours a week on the server. usually between 1200-0000 (CEST). Of course I will take small breaks for food/hitting the gym. After that I will be going to my new school to study for a Facility Manager. I don't know the times of the lessons I will be having. But I will make a rough estimate.
    These are the times I will be available. All times are in CEST.
    Monday 1500-2200
    Tuesday 1500-1800
    Wednesday 1500-1800
    Thursday 1500-2200
    Friday 1500-1800 and from 2215-0100
    Saturday 1200-0100
    Sunday-1200-2200

Do you have any past experiences in a staff position?*
    I am staff on a 1.12.2 survival server that has an economy based on cryptocurrency. so I have a lot of responsibilities or people will lose their Crypto and therefore lose money. That I also where I learned to be polite against staff. I believe that this server is what made me change my attitude towards helping others, as it ensured that other people, both players and staff members, were treated fairly and appropriately. There have been several situations where multiple players required immediate assistance and I had to handle on my own, I prioritised who needed more help first, and it all got resolved with maximum efficiency. I learned that they sometimes need to be patient. Although this is one of my first official staff experiences, I believe that with the great responsibilities that I have been trusted with, this feels almost as if I have had a lot of experience in different specialities.

Have you ever received any punishment(s) on CycloneNetwork?*
    I have a lot of punishments due to me being irresponsible. I have learnt from this because off my perm mute. The perm mute was taking the fun off playing. Then I realised me being mean and irresponsible also took the fun of playing from other players. And it is not always about the punishment it is the fact that learn something from it. It was a permanent muted that I needed to learn something from it.

How long have you been playing on CycloneNetwork?*
    Since 2016 then I took a break for 4 months. I was planning on leaving to begin with, due to the negative comments and hatred towards me. However, with the positive impact with the most recent staff experience that I received, I thought that I could make a change to the server, with my good vibe and intentions to become a friendlier and more helpful player to the community. This was the reason for my return on Cyclone, where I want to make a difference. Then I met Koalaoncaffeine then it just took ofgf for me. it is hard for me to make friends and I was glad someone appreciated me. We still talk every day

Give an example of a problem you’ve encountered and how you solved it.*
    My parents are divorced and that took a lot of struggle with it. I didn't like the new Girlfriend off my dad. Me and her where always Fighting about the simplest stuff. Then I thought she's just as nervous as me she gets a new "son" and I get a new "mom". So I just sat down around the table and we talked about it for an hour. What I have learned from that is. You don't know what is going on in the other person's mind maybe they are feeling the same way. If you just talk about it u have a higher chance of solving your problems.

Tell us about yourself - What qualities/skills do you feel define you?*
    I am more fluent verbally, rather than through message I prefer solving problems through Discord. I don't have a lot of patience though that is one of the things I am still working on to improve. I have a great sense of humour. And you shouldn't always take me to serious. I can be serious when necessary.

Anything else we should know that we didn't ask about?
    There aren't many things that are important to know about me. Feel free to ask questions and thank you for taking the time to read my application. If you have any more questions just put them down below. Or pm me on Discord (Lucy#8966) Or on skype (live:ernstspam4). Asking questions on discord will result in a faster answer than a question on skype.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Hey Lucy,
    I've looked into your application and I wanted to tell you some things that you could add to improve it.
    - At first, you are saying that the community knows you, but not the way you would like. Can you tell us a little more about this? I mean, why do people don't like you / call you toxic? Well... I'm pretty sure you've learned off it and that you will do a lot of efforts to make everyone Like you :)
    - I would recommend you to improve your long answers as they are pretty short.
    - I'm sure you can add something in the section "Anything else we should know..."
    Anyway, your application is pretty good so far. For the moment I don't know if I will Support or not... I'll wait for the other answers and I'll change my answer to Support or not.

[+/- Support] This is my and only my opinion.
    Have a great day :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Thanks for your opinion!
    I will look where i can improve it once i have acces to my pc again.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hey Lucy,

Similarly to what @Pandaaa said, I think that the lack of detail in your application shows that you've perhaps rushed the process and have done the bare minimum in regards to the long answer questions.
    You told us in your app that;
    If you really think that you're not known in a "good way", don't you think it's important to prove to us as a community that if put in a position of power you can overcome this reputation? Personally, I would suggest going back over your application and seeing where you can add more detail to give us a bit more of an idea of how you will change, maybe with the help of some examples.
    If you're struggling to come up with things to put in your long answer questions, why not think about adding a justification of how you will fulfil what you've said you will do and give examples of how you will make these ideas/skills effective.

I hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck in the remainder of your application process.

• Like Like x 1
  5. #5 KoalaOnCaffeine6, May 8, 2018
    Last edited: May 14, 2018
    So far it's a good application! There are just a few small errors throughout like: "U don't knowwhat" but they are only minor. I do think you have potential as a staff member but you need be a bit more in-depth with the long response questions.
    Current verdict: +/- Support
    (With a few improvements you could get a + support)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. I don't really see where u want me to be more in-depth I can be more in-depth but then it will just wander off and not add anything to the application

• Like Like x 1
  7. That's up to you, not me. It's your application so I can't help you much there but what you've written so far, in my opinion is not enough to be considered as long answers. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. thanks

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hey Lucy,

I think this is a good start to an application. However, it could be improved, for example you could
    make your long answers more detailed and explain them further. So for example 'Why are you seen as a toxic person?' or 'How have you changed?' etc. You could also proof read your writing, there are a couple of grammar mistakes in your application, such as '. so'. I wish you all the best.

Current Verdict:
    -/+ Support

Your Friendly Llama,

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Thanks for your constructive criticism I will definitely do something with it!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Rumeister seeing that you gave a Dislike on my appeal for staff can you please explain why?

• Like Like x 1
  12. I can clearly see that you understand that your previous actions on cyclone have not shown you in the best of light and thus you have been branded as a "toxic player". Explaining what you are planning to do to change peoples opinions of you.

With regards to your application, you have shown that you are well experienced player and would be able to understand the commands that are given to you. But do we know that you will not take advantage of this and act out. I would like to see a little more details in the "Anything else we should know that we didn't ask about?" there has to be something you can add.

Currently I am sat on [+/- Support] -

What I see you would need to do is to show us [the staff] and the community that you have changed yourself, that you have "grown up" change the way people think about you. Do this I can personally change my support to [+Support]

Good luck with this...
    #Paradox

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Due to the server only being in beta as of now i can't really show the new me to the community.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I have been on the server in beta with lucy and I would definitely say that you extremely less toxic and a nicer person to talk. Your application looks good .

Current Verdict: +Support

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. I can definitely agree with that, I play with Lucy on a regular basis. He's such a nice person to be around and I do think he's is a ton less toxic!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Thank's mito <3

• Like Like x 1
  17. From previous versions I've seen a good bit of toxicity from yourself, you seem to have been somewhat quickly tempered, I guess? I personally can't tell if you've changed or not but I guess I shall see for myself on Saturday! As for your application, just go over it again and fix your numerous grammar errors, overall decent amount of information and I can see for myself that you are pretty active plus it would be nice to see more Dutch staff!

Not really much else I can put, as for now I'm staying Neutral, enjoy your day!

18. I have this program that checks my grammatical mistakes and it doesn't see any mistakes.
    and what do you mean saturday is the release?!?!?

19. I just see errors in capitalization and periods, that's why I never use programs for grammar.

Yeah, Saturday is the release. Go on Minecraft and look at the message before you enter the server cx

20. Oh, thank you. My punctuation isn't the best. Sorry about it Xd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.