Copied to Clipboard!

Just paste into your Minecraft client to play.

Lafayett's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Applications' started by Lafayette, Jun 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Lafayette, Jun 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    GENERAL INFORMATION
    [Short Responses]

Minecraft Username: Lafayett
    Alt Name(s): N/A
    [If applicable]

Date of application: June 8th, 2018
    Timezone: Eastern Standard Time
    Donor Rank: Wind
    [If applicable]

Do you have access to Skype?*
    Yes.

Do you have access to Discord?*
    Yes.

Do you have access to record high quality videos?*
    Yes, I have access to FRAPS.

Do you speak languages other than English?*
    [If so, please specify language & fluency.]
    I have semi-fluency in Danish, I can recognize most of the language. I have the ability to type Danish, but I am yet to be able to speak it. This may be rather useful as there is a portion of players who speak Danish.

When are you most active the server?*
    [A complete timetable prefered but general times will work]

This is the most accurate timetable I can compose, although it may not be completely accurate as there may be other outside circumstances that may affect the accuracy of this.

Summer:
    Monday: {9:00 AM - 3:00 AM}
    Tuesday: {9:00 AM - 3:00 AM}
    Wednesday: {9:00 AM - 3:00 AM}
    Thursday: {9:00 AM - 3:00 AM}
    Friday: {9:00 AM - 3:00 AM}
    Saturday: {9:00 AM - 3:00 AM}
    Sunday: {9:00 AM - 3:00 AM}

School:
    Monday: {5:30 AM - 6:45 AM} & {3:15 PM - {10:00 PM}
    Tuesday: {5:30 AM - 6:45 AM} & {3:15 PM - {10:00 PM}
    Wendnesday: {5:30 AM - 6:45 AM} & {3:15 PM - {10:00 PM}
    Thursday: {5:30 AM - 6:45 AM} & {3:15 PM - {10:00 PM}
    Friday: {5:30 AM - 6:45 AM} & {3:15 PM - {10:00 PM}
    Saturday: {9:00 AM - 3:00 AM}
    Sunday: {9:00 AM - 3:00 AM}

Again, this may not be completely accurate. As it is summertime, I will be much more active than I can be during school hours. I will be going on multiple vacations this summer (Hawaii, camping, etc.) so I won't have full availability during those periods of time. There will also be random activities that I will be partaking in throughout the summer which will take up certain intervals.

Have you applied before?*
    [If yes explain why you were denied]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

QUESTIONS
    [Long responses]

How well known are you within the community?*
    I would have to say that I am a rather well-known player on the server. I make a conscious effort to have a good image of myself in front of the player base, although I can joke around. I have a rather large forums account, with 442 messages and nearly 300 positive ratings. I have previously been staff on this server; this experience gave me the opportunity to become rather popular amongst the server's players. Altogether, I feel that I have made a name for myself and am considered well-known.

In what way(s) do you believe you can make a positive impact on the server?*
    As I have an extensive break for the next 3 months, I will be able to put forth true effort into making the server better for players who happen to come across it. With my plentiful experience in staffing, I will be able to hone my skills in and aid both players and other staff members in having a better experience here at Cyclone. I feel as though I have an understanding of the players here, as I have previously been staff here and have been on the server for a long time, so I will be able to make use of this gift and allow myself to work with the players here better. I believe that I have a generally positive and optimistic attitude while on the server, as I enjoy being on the network much. I can turn depressing experiences into enlightening ones, which can actually fix situations rather well.

How much time on average can you strongly state you can be actively on the network in a week?*
    As shown by my timetable, I have the ability to be on the server for about 18 hours between sleep during the summer; this is not, however, completely accurate, as there may also be many different interruptions in my schedule. I am sure that I am taking vacations; this means that there will be some extended periods of time without my availability.

During the school years, I can be on for approximately 8 hours in a day. Although this is not as productive, it is still much time that I can put in to benefit the server.

Do you have any past experiences in a staff position?*
    [If so, please explain your experience and what you have learned. DO NOT name other servers.]
    I have much experience in staffing. My first experience as a staff member was on a friend's server, with an about 70-100 player average; although he was a companion, this did not at all meant that there was any favoritism involved in my acceptance. I made an application, and I was accepted. My friend knew me well and was aware that I would put in full effort to benefit the server and would not mess up my job. I went from rank Helper to Head-Helper, Mod to Head-mod, Admin to Head-Admin, and then eventually Co-Owner to Owner. The server's ownership was split between three people, and we all had different jobs that we were to work on to keep the server running. One of the owners worked in handling the staff, keeping them in check and clarifying that they were doing what they were supposed to be doing. One of the other owners, my friend, worked with plug-ins and developers to keep the server updated and playable. My specific job was to work in public; I had the same job as a normal staff member, punishing and assisting players. I also worked with events for players to participate in, as well as the forums website. The server was eventually shut down as my friend had run out of profit that would pay for the server to keep running.

My second server that I worked on was actually Cyclone itself. I had originally started playing on the server a long while ago and never had a large interest in applying for staff. It was not until the summer of 2017 that I had made the choice to apply. I was accepted after waiting for about 3 months (which I am hoping is not going to happen again this summer), and became Helper. I worked, dealing with players and assisting them as well. There was a certain group of disrespectful players who had a knack for teasing and insulting, which I put in much effort to deal with. After a month and a half or so, I was promoted to Moderator. I did not abuse my permissions whatsoever and worked to the fullest to deal with any players who happened to disrespect or break any rules. I eventually had to resign my position as my computer had broken, along with the fact that I was skipping a grade so I was forced into taking unneeded classes after school.

After these two experiences, I have been given a plethora of skills in working with staff and players alike. I learned to use what I know to create an atmosphere without any stigma. My efforts altogether that I put forth on both of these servers gave me the experience necessary that makes me believe I am competent enough to become staff.

Have you ever received any punishment(s) on CycloneNetwork?*
    [If so, please explain why & what would have learned from this experience.]
    At the moment, I have one warning for Spam by Bamboo, and a bunch of warns by MiToCam that were a joke and were removed. I have never been banned or muted, to my knowledge. I had a few warnings at the beginning of v6, although those did not have any effect on my acceptance previously so I hope they will not now. I also was warned by a few of my staff compatriots, although they were joking and they did not have any real meaning behind them.

How long have you been playing on CycloneNetwork?*
    [If exact time isn’t known, a general idea will do.]
    I believe that I joined in late 2014. I can not completely verify this but it is what my memory has granted me. Through my time on the server, I have taken random intervals of time in which I had not been very active. I still am active now and was active at very many moments.

Give an example of a problem you’ve encountered and how you solved it.*
    [This can either be in game or in the real world.]
    If I were to think of any major issue that had happened that I had solved, I would have to say that this is the best that comes to mind:

My friend and I were going down a hill on a bike, approaching a park that was very close to his house. Once we got there, as he tried to stop his bike, he crashed. In the fall, he shattered his patella and had a cut that was about 4 1/2 inches long and 1 inch wide. The cut was deep enough that the bone was very visible. I helped him up and assisted him in making his way over to the grass. He was incapable of moving his leg, so I set him down on the ground and tried to think of a way to solve the situation. Neither of us had our phones, which presented a large problem. The blood coming from his foot was shooting out too fast for my liking. My first instinct was to halt the bleeding with some kind of bandage. There was nobody around, so I made use of our surroundings. I placed multiple leaves on the cut to make sure that the blood would stop flowing directly out of the gash. I took the strongest blades of grass I could find and tied them around his foot where the leaves were so that the leaves would stay on and keep the blood inside of his foot. I then sped over to his house, talked to his mom, and got her to drive us to the hospital. He had turned out fine. I was told by a doctor that if it was not for the bandage, the circumstances would have been much worse.

Tell us about yourself - What qualities/skills do you feel define you?*
    [This would include activities and hobbies outside of Minecraft. As well as skills that would benefit the team.]
    I partake in guitar lessons as a hobby, along with doing Track and Field and taking acting lessons. I Enjoy biking, and am a member of MENSA. I feel as though I am a people-person, as I can interact with people and in doing so enjoy myself. I can communicate with anyone who is having an issue; I believe myself to be a good listener and understand what someone is trying to get across when they are upset. I can sense the difference between right and wrong; I believe that I am capable to observe a situation and decide if a person is breaking a rule or if the situation is just confusing. I put forth an effort in most things that I do, and would put forward even more effort in working as staff here on Cyclone.

Anything else we should know that we didn't ask about?*

If you count all versions, I have about 900-1000 playing hours in total (that I am aware of).

My name is Ethan.

======================================================================

• Like Like x 1
  2. Honestly this is the best application I think I have seen. You have added so much detail and you have basically no grammar mistakes. You are a very nice guy and easy to talk to. Good luck and I hope you get staff once again!

Current Verdict: +Support

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Excellent application with a definable amount of detail. That's all I have to say about your application itself.

Although... as for you just coming back yesterday this seems a bit too rushed? I ain't going to say anything about you until I see you can provide constant activity and dedication to the server (along with our island ;)). It is good to see you back in the Cyclone groove and all that fun jazz. Your previous staff experience on this server alone was outstanding and I saw no flaw most of the time.

As for the time being I am staying Neutral. Best of luck.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. I understand what you mean about me just joining yesterday. I did still come on often once I had gotten a new computer before the server had shut down for a few months. I wasn't aware that the server had come back up until Smok had let me know because I wasn't really using my computer after Cyclone had shut down. Now that I am aware, I'm going on full time as a player on the server. I was already planning to apply once the server had started up. I was regularly checking the forums for updates about everything with the new server reset. Thank you, at least, for the constructive criticism.

I would like to state that you told me in message,
    "Either way I'm staying neutral for every application at first sight, so don't feel bad.I must see you're staff worthy before making my verdict. Obviously, I know you are from your previous experience but I still need to see it for myself."

I completely agree with this and do not disagree with most things about your comment. Thanks BB <3

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Thanks MiTo!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. Laf, I think you have a really well written application that's super in depth and really sums up why you should be on the staff team. You have a great personality, you're serious when you need to be but are always up for a laugh and are really good fun to play with. I think you make an excellent example of how Cyclone members should act and I'd love to see you back on the staff team!

I agree with Pur, however, about seeming to be a bit rushed, so maybe consider allowing yourself time to get comfortable with the server before jumping for the staff team, such as learn about new features, allow yourself to become recognisable among other players, etc.

Good luck!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I dont see why you cant be staff, you have been staff before and you're a really chill guy. Good Luck!

++Support

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I honestly feel as though I'm comfortable with the server- not much has changed; I'm aware of all the features. I also feel as though I'm recognisable amongst the other players, as I've been playing for years now and just happened to join this version a couple days late. I already have a day's worth of hours in (24), and I have about 600 other hours from when I used to play. Altogether I feel as though it isn't very rushed especially since I was planning on applying even before the version came out. Thanks though :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. #9 Dom, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    Hey Laf! Please forgive me for not seeing your application sooner.

I have nothing negative to comment about the application nor behavior in-game. I thought your story about your friend was especially compelling since it only took one action to possibly save your friend's life. I also appreciate that you have a decent life outside of Minecraft being you're currently taking guitar lessons, biking, and doing other leisure activities to enjoy yourself. I haven't seen you perform as a staff member that much since the time between me resigning and you being accepted was short but I couldn't imagine it to be terrible.

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing you back on the staff team and I honestly didn't realize how much of an interesting guy you are until I read your application because it's when you have the opportunity to get to learn something about someone that you truly get to know them.

Ever since your application was posted I noticed how active you are, so I think it's safe to say that you know your way around the server by now though I wouldn't imagine for it to be difficult for you from the beginning.

Because of what's been said and given my personal opinion, my vote is a [+Support].

I hope to learn more about you and I hope to see you on the server. Best of luck with your application!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Thanks Dom!

11. Hello Laf,

Thank You for applying to join the staff team. We are interested in your application and for that reason, I would like to offer you an interview so we can further understand and talk to you about your application. Please message me over the forums or on Discord with your Skype name so we can plan an interview!

I look forward to hearing from you! MiTo :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.