Copied to Clipboard!

Just paste into your Minecraft client to play.

KoalaOnCaffeine's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Applications' started by KoalaOnCaffeine6, Jul 11, 2018.

1. #1 KoalaOnCaffeine6, Jul 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018 at 4:38 PM
    GENERAL INFORMATION
    [Short Responses]

Minecraft Username:
    KoalaOnCaffeine
    Alt Name(s):
    DogeMemes420

Date of Application:
    11/05/2018
    Timezone: British Summer Time
    Donor Rank: Rain

Do you have access to Skype?*
    Yes, my skype is KoalaOnCaffeine

Do you have access to Discord?*
    Yes, I am KoalaOnCaffeine#1035

Do you have access to record high quality videos?*
    Yes, I can record at 60+ fps in 1080p

Do you speak languages other than English?*
    Yes, I am currently learning French at school and plan to take it for GCSE.

When are you most active the server?*
    I am most active in the mornings on weekends but I will probably play until dinner and after. On weekdays I play from when I finish my homework until dinner.

Have you applied before?*
    Yes, I have applied before

I got to the interview stage last time I applied, but I gave some wrong answers because I was nervous. And the rest were locked, see below.

Locked because of:

3 for inactive responses, 1 where I requested a lock, and my final one has not been locked, just has been inactive for 4 months and I feel that it should have been locked a long time ago.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

QUESTIONS
    [Long responses]

How well known are you within the community?*

I think I am fairly well known in the community. I have played mainly on Skyblock for a year now and I have formed friendships with many people on there. Some friendships even going to regular voice chats and talking about things outside of Minecraft. Like I said, I have been playing on the network for a year now and I have seen players join, leave and stay. I now feel as if I have a stronger bond

I would say judging by my previous applications, people would be happy and maybe pleased for me to become a member of the staff team on Cyclone. I know this because of the responses I have received on previous staff applications. I also see positive feedback of me ingame.

In what way(s) do you believe you can make a positive impact on the server?*
    As I am still in my second year of high school, third soon and therefore I have the ability to be more active than some of the other staff members, who may have coursework or revision to be getting on with. If I were to become staff, I could help balance the workload between everyone, allowing the more experienced staff members to deal with more complex problems, and I would take knowledge from them and use it in the future, therefore, becoming a more experienced person myself, and teaching other people how to learn like I did and become better as well.

As one staff member previously said, I am not in it for the power. I have applied numerous times before which they said, "it shows you actually want to help and not just have the power". This is true because I want a positive and enjoyable experience for every player on the Cylcone network.

How much time on average can you strongly state you can be actively on the network in a week?*

(This table does not include me taking a 10min or so break as that would make it messy)

Monday – 3:00PM – 6:30PM

Tuesday – 3:00PM – 7:30PM

Wednesday – 3:00/4:00PM – 5:30PM and 6:45 – 7:30PM

Thursday - 3:00PM – 6:00PM and 7:00– 7:30PM

Friday – 3:00PM – 7:00PM

Saturday – 10AM – 12PM and 3PM – 7:30PM

Sunday 9AM – 12PM and 3PM – 7:30PM

I may sometimes have to go to look after my puppy though as he is a bit needy or go and do something quick for someone.

Do you have any past experiences in a staff position?*
    Yes, I was and still technically am a staff member on a 1.12 server. Its was a very enjoyable server which I think changed my views on what staff members actually do and subsequently I have gained considerable knowledge of what both players and staff members responsibilities. I learnt all of the basic commands such as /mute, /ban, /kick. But luckily, I did not have to use these very frequently. This was my starting knowledge of Minecraft servers and what inspired me to try and become staff on a bigger server so that my work would have a bigger and more positive impact.

There were many players that required assistance on the server, so I stop what I was doing and went to help them, no matter the problem. One example is a player who was stuck at spawn, so I went to spawn and teleported them out.

Have you ever received any punishment(s) on CycloneNetwork?*
    I once received a warn for spamming while playing the reaction game. I’ve learnt that it’s better to know the answer than try and guess. This isn’t just relevant on Cyclone, it can be put into real life – if you don’t know the answer, find out and you will be even better next time. I do regret this and I am not going to get another warn as doing something such as this doesn't just have a negative impact on my reputation but also the server's. This has also taught me always think about what I'm doing. I would say the quote 'Doing the right thing is better than doing the thing right' is a very powerful quote because it teaches you to what's best rather than what you may want to do.

At the end of the day, spamming is just a form of being annoying. No-one likes an annoying person and I'm sure no-one wants to be one. This has taught me that thinking before you take action is always best and you, as a player or staff, need to put others before yourself to make an enjoyable and welcoming community for everyone. I do not wish to be perceived as an annoying player so I have always thought before acting on everything since this warn. Some of the smallest actions can have a huge impact, so in a way, I am greatful that Dylz decided to do this.

How long have you been playing on CycloneNetwork?*
    I have been playing on Cyclone for 1 year and 4 months. I came to Cyclone after my brother introduced me and I have stayed after he quit both Cyclone and Minecraft because work and collage have caught up with him.

Give an example of a problem you’ve encountered and how you solved it.*
    One of my friends suffers from depression. Continuous times they have felt so bad that they have not wanted to go to school. They have also tried to take their own life but me and a few other friends have helped them overcome this and now they are feeling a lot better about themselves. I was sad to hear that they are now moving schools because of a bullying issue. If I had known about this, I would have stood up for them. I don’t tolerate any disrespect of people for any aspect of them because one word can mean a lot, whether you choose to use it positively or negatively.

Tell us about yourself - What qualities/skills do you feel define you?*
    Inside of Minecraft and outside, I like to code small projects. I am currently working on a plugin called the ‘AdvertismentPlugin’ which makes advertisement for servers without a developer so much easier. It uses a config file which you can edit and reload to send messages. I have also made a simple vanish command and I am working on removing the mob AI for players in vanish.

And I am working on a punishment plugin which has custom configs for a list of kicks and bans that have happened. I plan to add an MSQL feature in the later stages of this plugin. Outside of Minecraft, I enjoy to play the piano which I am at grade 7 with, and the guitar, which I am at grade 1 with.
    I also enjoy to play tennis with my friends and swimming is fun too!

Anything else we should know that we didn't ask about?*

I still have the cutest puppy ever! (Still very relevant to my application)
    I have a good sense of humour and I will always take things I need to seriously.

If you have any questions about me, my plugins or my application, please ask!

Thank you for taking the time to read through my application.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Tell us more about you being staff on the 1.12 server What has it learned you etc.?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Done! Hope you like my improvements :D

4. Big boi are u even able to apply rn

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yeah I am it's been 30 days. Any feedback you could give me??