Copied to Clipboard!

Just paste into your Minecraft client to play.

KoalaOnCaffeine's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Applications' started by KoalaOnCaffeine6, May 8, 2018.

1. #1 KoalaOnCaffeine6, May 8, 2018
    Last edited: May 19, 2018 at 10:59 AM
    GENERAL INFORMATION
    [Short Responses]

Minecraft Username:
    KoalaOnCaffeine
    Alt Name(s):
    DogeMemes420

Date of Application:
    08/05/2018
    Timezone: BST / GMT
    Donor Rank: Rain

Do you have access to Skype?*
    Yes, my skype is KoalaOnCaffeine

Do you have access to Discord?*
    Yes, I am KoalaOnCaffeine#1035

Do you have access to record high quality videos?*
    Yes

Do you speak languages other than English?*
    Yes, I am currently learning French at school.

When are you most active the server?*
    Skyblock for most of the time, I sometimes go on prison and occasionally onto factions, but as less people play them I don’t think that they need as much moderation compared to Skyblock.

Have you applied before?*
    Yes, I have applied before, 3 for inactive responses, 1 where I requested a lock, and my final one has not been locked, just has been inactive for 4 months and I feel that it should have been locked a long time ago.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

QUESTIONS
    [Long responses]

How well known are you within the community?*

I think I am fairly well known in the community. I have played mainly on Skyblock for a year now and I have formed friendships with many people on there. Some friendships even going to regular voice chats and talking about things outside of Minecraft. Like I said, I have been playing on the network for a year now and I have seen players join, leave and stay. This has increased my bond with the network and the community on the server and on the forums/discord.

I would say judging by my previous applications, people would be happy and maybe pleased for me to become a member of the staff team on Cyclone.

In what way(s) do you believe you can make a positive impact on the server?*
    As I am still in my second year of high school, I have the ability to be more active than some of the other staff members, who may have coursework or revision to be getting on with. If I were to become staff, I could help balance the workload between everyone, allowing the more experienced staff members to deal with more complex problems, and I would take knowledge from them and use it in the future, therefore, becoming a more experienced person myself, and teaching other people how to learn like I did and become better as well.

How much time on average can you strongly state you can be actively on the network in a week?*

(This table does not include me taking a 10min or so break as that would make it messy)

Monday – 3:00PM – 6:30PM

Tuesday – 3:00PM – 7:30PM

Wednesday – 3:00/4:00PM – 5:30PM and 6:45 – 7:30PM

Thursday - 3:00PM – 6:00PM and 7:00– 7:30PM

Friday – 3:00PM – 7:00PM

Saturday – 10AM – 12PM and 3PM – 7:30PM

Sunday 9AM – 12PM and 3PM – 7:30PM

I may sometimes have to go to look after the puppy though.

Do you have any past experiences in a staff position?*
    I was once a moderator on an unnamed server. This would involve me helping set up events, help with villager trade shops and suggest improvements and ideas from the rest of the community, fine tune them and then pass them on to the head admin/owner of the server. Unfortunately, this server has now become extremely inactive and there is no point in me moderating it. During my time as staff on this server, I learn a lot about servers and how they work and what to do in many situations. I was controlled and did not abuse my position. I knew what I was capable of and learnt quickly came to be a mature and capable moderator.

Have you ever received any punishment(s) on CycloneNetwork?*
    I once received a warn for spamming while playing the reaction game. I’ve learnt that it’s better to know the answer than try and guess. This isn’t just relevant on Cyclone, it can be put into real life – if you don’t know the answer, find out and you will be even better next time. I do regret this and I am not going to get another warn as doing something such as this doesn't just have a negative impact on my reputation but also the server's. This has also taught me always think about what I'm doing. I would say the quote 'Doing the right thing is better than doing the thing right' is a very powerful quote because it teaches you to what's best rather than what you may want to do.

How long have you been playing on CycloneNetwork?*
    Roughly a year, maybe a year and 2 months. My brother introduced me to the server and I have become more active than him over time.

Give an example of a problem you’ve encountered and how you solved it.*
    In a maths test recently, I didn’t know what I was doing with one question as I was ill on the day we learnt the way to do them. It was asking what the type of triangle was, based on a simultaneous equation (oof). I used my deduction skills to work out it was a scalene triangle but I couldn’t do anything else. After the test, I asked one of my friends if they knew how to do it and they did so I now had their knowledge. This shows that in the ‘Have you ever received any punishment(s) on CycloneNetwork?’ question, I do actually take past mistakes and use them in the future.

Tell us about yourself - What qualities/skills do you feel define you?*
    Inside of Minecraft and outside, I like to code small projects. I am currently working on a plugin called the ‘AdvertismentPlugin’ which makes advertisement for servers without a developer so much easier. It uses a config file which you can edit and reload to send messages. I am now working on a chat filter with the ability to add/remove /list the blacklisted words. Outside of Minecraft, I enjoy to play the piano which I am at grade 7 with, and the guitar, which I am at grade 1 with.
    I also enjoy to play tennis with my friends and swimming is fun too!

Anything else we should know that we didn't ask about?*

I have the cutest puppy ever! (Very relevant to my application)

I also have a very good sense of humour but I can take anything seriously when I need to.

I prioritise my IRL life over my Minecraft life - if I have homework I will do that

2. +/- suport

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hey Koala,
    I looked into your application and I would say it is really really good.
    Maybe some things here and there but for real, I think you could make a really good staff member on the network. Maybe you could add a bit of detail to "anything else we should know..." and in your long answers :)
    As of in-game, from what I remember, you are really mature and cool to talk with.
    I wish you the best of luck with your application!
    [+Support]

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 Lucy_69, May 8, 2018
    Last edited: May 10, 2018
    There are few things missing.
    What is your username?
    What is the date of this application
    And I see some grammatical mistakes.
    + support due to all mistakes being fixed

• Like Like x 1
  5. I don't remember seeing that in the official format, but I'll add it anyway!
    Edit: Just saw it above alts names :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks Panda! I will add into my long responses!

7. #8 Lucy_69, May 9, 2018
    Last edited: May 10, 2018
    Can confirm his pupper is doin me a cute.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. I don't remember you being exactly the most "helpful" person but whatever anyone can change.
    The punishment response has some extra fluff near the end.
    The problem and how you solved it question... I don't think they meant a math problem, but more like a mistake as in calling someone a name they were ignorant about, or talking over someone multiple times.

How are you 12, solving a triangle problem, and a sophomore in highschool? Anyways, being in highschool in general is really time-consuming and I wouldn't recommend committing to something like this if you are still studying for the SAT.

I think adding the advertisement command would be good for this server :D

i tink tis is vewy cuhl
    -/+/-/+/-/+/-/+ SuPpOrT

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. I don't think you quite understood what I meant, I am 12 yes and I'm in year 8 and the SAT exams are in year 6. I interpreted the 'Give an example of a problem' question as any problem, I just related it back to becoming a better person. What is life without struggle and learning? Thanks for the feedback though! I will 'fluff up' the punishment response :D
    + Pm me on discord and I will show you the plugin ;)

10. You have the SATs in 6th grade?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yeah, I'm in year 8 UK, the next big one for me is year 11 (3 years). SATs are year 6 UK, and I think that's the same as American grade 7.

12. We just have exams the last year of your education.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hi our local Koala! Just scheming through your application a few times I see you have a good amount of information. As for yourself in-game I see you tend to help others quite frequently and overall you try to bring positive vibes to the community which I very much do like. From looking at your previous applications I have seen improvement in your grammar which is splendid and from seeing you continuously reapply you seem to be very dedicated to become a staff member and your amount of optimism is amazing! Seeing as you're only twelve... you seem pretty mature which I think is what many people overlook. Overall you're friendly to the community and always trying to help out others.

As for now I'm staying Neutral. Good luck!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. 13 today! I'll update that. Thanks so much Purur <3

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Okay, Why only neutral?!

16. I'm rating all applications neutral which has effort put into them till I see further actions in-game, discord or the forums. I cannot rate someone's application based on their past or how good the application is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I agree you don't always rate an application on someone's past. Everyone makes mistakes. It's not always about the mistakes it is more important that you learn from your mistakes