WELCOME TO CYCLONE

Start your adventure, become a god!
Server IP: cyclonenw.com

iSymphony_'s Application

Discussion in 'Applications' started by RamonInsanity, Jun 9, 2017.

1. #1 RamonInsanity, Jun 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    Minecraft Username: iSymphony_ (Previous IGN: RamonInsanity)
    Date of application: 09-06-2017
    Timezone: UTC+02:00

Server Ranks (Prison Mine Rank / Donor Rank):

My Prison rank = Prestige 2 and Mine Z.

My donor rank = Global God!

Do you meet all the requirements? If so, please provide a link to your punishment page from the ban website & the 2 player reports you have made.

Report #1: http://cyclonenetwork.org/threads/advertiser.3746/

Report #2 : http://cyclonenetwork.org/threads/krollomc-hacking.3740/#post-24739

Ban page : http://cyclonenetwork.org/bans/hist...-9852-02d77b0b117d&from=bans&b=0&m=6&w=10&k=4

I know that I've been warned/kicked a lot, but as you can see, they're most likely all from different days, most likely a warn every 4 days when I realised there was no point in getting warned to look funny, I lowered it as much as I could, I do get warned sometimes, I do think that mutes, warnings or kicks are usefull, sometimes there are common mistakes that happen during a staff members time, I don't think that every warning, mute or kick is valid. In my opinion some of them are false.

Do you have access to Team Speak & a working microphone?*
    Yes

Do you have access to Skype?*
    Yes

Do you have access to Discord?*
    Yes

Do you have access to record high quality videos?*
    Yes, as you can see in my report.

Do you speak languages other than English? If so, please specify language & fluency.
    I speak Dutch and that gives me the possibility to understand the Dutch language, this is very helpfull because I have seen alot of people who are Dutch. And I can help (new) people who need help in there own language in DM’s , or on teamspeak. I'm also very respectful to most of the players. I like to help players aswell, I would love to be a part of the community of Cyclone Network, so I can help the server out with the experience I have got.

Where are you most active in the server?*
    I most likely play Skyblock, our Skyblock is a very unique one, the way that it goes, is just fascinating.
    I love Prison aswell!

Have you made any previous staff applications? If so, specify a date.
    [Must be 30 days from last denied application]

I have not applied before.

How do you think you can make a difference for the network?

I'm from The Netherlands (great country, I promise) so I have a different timezone then most other staff members this means that I can be on when most staff are gone. I'm also 14. That means that I still have school, and test week is coming soon. I have long Vacations so I'm home and online all the time, I got a lot of free day's when others are working. I can also speak 3 languages: English , French and Dutch (my home language) I don't say that I know all of the rules or commands but I know a lot so I can easily help people out. When I don't know something I want to learn it.

I can bring many things to Cyclone Network. I am a really open minded person and I have a big capacity, I play for a really long time and that makes me catch many cheaters and having the time to undergo many screenshare if I see a suspicious individual. I have loads of great attributes and good abilities that need as a staff member for example:

Maturity

I am very mature for my age. I think that maturity is very important whilst handling different situations with players and staff members. Maturity is something a staff member should have in every situation you come across whilst being a staff member or just a regular player. I see that a lot of staff members on Cyclone Network is really mature and is more on the chill side and I really like that. But I am really mature and I have the capability of handling situations in a professional way and in a mature way.

Multitasking

I would say that I'm pretty good at multitasking pretty much everything and be as effective as possible whilst I'm doing something important like staffing. I can for an example help someone in teamspeak whilst I'm looking at a player that have gotten reported and whilst I'm eating food for an example. I think it's great to have this ability because you can finish tasks and other things effectively.

Loyalty

I feel that loyalty is a big factor in staffing. Every staff member should be loyal to the server their staff on and that the shouldn't go apply for other networks and really have a belief in the server their staff on. Many people tell me all the time that they think I am really dedicated and loyal to my friends my investments and other things. But to sum everything up I feel that I am really loyal to the server and that's why I've never left it and I would never leave it even if I would get demoted or if I would resign.

How much time can you contribute to the server in a week?
    Here are my times I can be online a lot

Monday: [7:30-8:00]-[14:30-18:00]-[18:30-22:00]
    Tuesday: [16:30-22:00]
    Wednesday: [15:00-18:00]-[18:30-22:00]
    Thursday: [16:30-18:00]-[18:30-20:00]
    Friday:[14:30-23:00]
    Saturday: [12:00-22:00]
    Sunday: [12:00-21:00]

Do you have any past experiences in moderating? If so, please explain your experience and what you have learned.

I have been a part of many different staff teams. Such as soup servers, PotPvP servers, and minigames servers. (I don't know all the commands yet) From that I've gained loads of experience in banning hackers, screensharing suspicious individuals and being able to let the player getting screenshared having a type of protecting with private stuff such as passwords and names etc. I think that is some really big factors in being a staff member.

Have you ever been banned, muted or kicked on CycloneNetwork? If so, please explain why & what would have learned from this experience.

I've been kicked and warned multiple times, most likely for Spam. I'm trying to stay as clean as possible since I've realised that there is no point in getting warned by staff to be funny. And since I've changed in this category, I think I'm ready to apply. I can be online when most staff are at school / work, so that gives me an advantage to keep the chat PG and clean. I must say that as a Trial Helper, I don't get all the commands, so I can't show myself a 100% at the start.

How long have you been playing on CycloneNetwork?

The first time I joined was in V1 (I checked the server out but then I left untill V3.) In V3 I joined my friends Island, I started playing on prison a lot and got to the max mine rank. After that I then rejoined my friend on skyblock at the very end of v3, I still like and play skyblock today!

What is a mistake you have done in the past? What would you do differently today and what did you learn from it?

My mistake was that I used to get warned a lot, I still regret it to the day of now. I realised there was no point in it, I learned to stop being toxic, and to help. People have messaged me if I could help them, and I always say yes to help them out.

Tell us about yourself - What qualities/skills do you feel define you?
    This would include activities and hobbies outside of Minecraft. As well as skills that would benefit the team.

Well, there's a lot to tell, I am cycling a lot in my free time, it's relaxing, it give you rest, all the stress goes off from you, I've got a decent condition in cycling aswell, my average speed is 17mph. I like to read aswell, I've been reading a lot of books and they were amazing, I haven't got a hobby at the moment since I've quit my hobby as tennisser, so that means that I've got a lot of free time to play on Cyclone Network. My qualities to the server are, that I'm a Dutch staff member, and that gives me an advantage over the rest of the staff team. I am also empahetic, I always keep them calm, as an example

Someone told me a few months ago, that he got bullied in his class, because he's a bit different than the other classmates, they called him out for being fat, idiotic, and that he should commit suicide.
    First thing that I said to him that suicide is never an option
    I told him that he was not fat, they were just jealous that he was thin. I told him not to listen to his classmates and be positive about his life. The next day he came back to me and told me that he was happy. This showed me that I was quite empathetic because I didn't like seeing him upset as it made me upset. This would help on the server because I can help others that may feel sad or a bit down too.

Anything else we should know?

Sometimes I get a bit too curious about things, I am trying to work on it!

Thank you for taking time to read this! Make sure to leave a suggestion/feedback in the comments!

• Like Like x 5
  2. I do like this application and it seems to follow all of the requirements and rules stated. You also seem to be mature in game which I always a good thing. One little tip is maybe add a bit more to some of your answers as I think they are lacking a bit. Other than that a good application! +1

Your Friendly Llama,

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. I agree with MiToCam, this is good application. You should make your answers more elaborate and detailed. Other then that it would be nice to have you on the team!
    +1

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. I've worked a few hours on my application, and so I've updated my application!

5. This is a very nice application, the answer to how you can make a difference is really detailed, and shows how much effort you put into this application. I might be wrong but whenever you say "there's no point in it" it leaves me confused.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. From previous experiences with you I have found that you can be.. a very mixed person.

Recently in the last past week I only seen you mature and break some rules on some days.

I'm not saying anything but I don't really understand how you go from "toxic/immature" to mature in a few days (from what I've seen personally, maybe I'm missing something) but hey, if Henry can you can.

I feel like you could help the staff team quite a lot with you knowing dutch and a lot of people on the server are actually dutch! I usually see new players that don't understand English but instead... dutch!

This is all I'm saying for now, I will most likely change my mind in the future.

Current Verdict :+/- Support

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Changed the sentence. Thanks

8. #8 RamonInsanity, Jun 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    I understand your point, I've been a bit different to you since I've been having a lot of school problems, and I was stressed out by the jokes you made in the past. Like I told you, I'm really sorry for that.

9. Doesn't make sense, school makes you more busy as time progresses, so make sure your able to manage your time effectively!

As Mito said, you really need to elaborate more on your long answer section. Including the previous staff experience and previous punishments you received and what you learned from it.

My own opinion is to reduce the I's in your application, there's a lot of those and it makes it look unprofessional, and also removing a lot of the "I think" and "Maybe" from your application. It makes you sound too unsure and incompetent in yourself, you really want to be more confident in what your applying for so make sure you do that! I have confidence in you and I know you can improve, don't rush your self. Good luck!

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. #10 RamonInsanity, Jun 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
    My schedule from school is really weird, sometimes I am free at 12AM, sometimes 4PM.
    But I've changed my times.
    I've reduced the I's, but I don't really get it what you mean with "Maybe", I see no Maybes in my application, if you could link me to a few, I would look at the sentences and change them.

11. I think this a great idea. Like Ramon said: there are a lot of Dutch people on the server and it would be great if there's a Dutch staff member. Ramon is very often online for his timezone which makes it easier for the European people to ask something to staff. I see Ramon try to help other people on the server.
    I think he would be a great staff member

~QuiNTehh, quinten5000

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Although I may not have the greatest of pasts with ramon, (iSymphony whatever) I do often see him try to sort things out with players that he has had a bad past with and I see him trying to help players (experienced and non-experienced) out on a regular basis. I do believe Ramon is fit for staff, I do believe he does need to learn some skills, but I believe those would naturally come while being staff. I will not talk about the Dutch timezones and how this would benefit the server as that has all been said above. Overall, i believe that Ramon is a good fit for the staff team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I'm here strictly to give my opinion not to harm. Although you are experienced and have good knowledge of most of the server I do not believe you have the other aspects needed. You tend to get away from yourself over the slightest of problems and let your anger take over you. You also previously (could've changed by now) broke and continued to break the only English in chat rule by speaking Dutch a lot of the time even after you were told to stop. I can say you are slightly mature but that is always a work in progress for everyone has there moments.

Overall I think you do have a true shot but I do believe you have a few things to work on. Good luck.

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. I appreciate everybody's comments, You've not seen me for a while if you think that my anger takes me over, I've also not spoken Dutch in the chat for a really long while,
    I can't look at it at the moment since the banpage is down.
    You're right about the part that everyone has their moments, I've had my moments in the past aswell.

15. Ramon, everyone has their moments and they will continue to happen not in only in the past but in the future too, so all you have to do is minimise those. I've never seen ramon speak in dutch in chat. I believe Ramon is making strides at being more mature, I don't know if thats a by product of doing this application and doing their best to get accepted but it's a good direction Ramon is going. Ramon's got a true shot, and I wish you good luck! Sorry if spelling or grammar isn't good, literally couldn't care less rn to check.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. #16 Soft_Potato, Jun 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    Here is another thing, really try not to get so many offenses on your record, I know you are trying hard not to, but look over what you type before you type it; 4 days in between warns isn't so good. Just to note, I am not against you and trying to make you seem bad, I'm sure you want to make yourself as persuasive to staff as possible.

+/- Support

17. mm i think ill give a +/- Support
    + because i think you would be good staff
    - Because i have see you do some VERY inmature things
    You are always very "anoying" anoying to me
    But without all our Personal problems i think you would be a very good staff

18. #18 cool_fella, Jul 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    I've seen you on the server mini-modding (which you've been doing since you posted your staff application), and that makes it seems as though you know that you're getting staff, which is rather irritating. It's seems as though you're faking your personality when mini-modding, and that is something that you should not want to do when applying for staff, because the staff want to know who you really are. This is a good staff application, though. Current Verdict: -/+

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. If you are going to make a claim, I would suggest backing it up.

20. I don't know if I'll be getting staff, I've got my reasons to get denied, EG: My warnings.
    I become mature when I need to.
    I do understand that the staff wants to know how I am. In what way am I 'faking' my personality?

How am I toxic? I cannot remember the last time I was toxic to someone.. You're right if you're speaking about my warnings, my last ban was false, I got unbanned 18 minutes later. They don't want to remove the ban though..