Copied to Clipboard!

Just paste into your Minecraft client to play.

InfinityFactions Staff Application

Discussion in 'Applications' started by InfinityFactions, Jul 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 InfinityFactions, Jul 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    Minecraft Username: InfinityFactions
    Alt Name(s): _UltimatePvP_

Date of application: July 26, 2018
    Timezone: Mountain Time
    Donor Rank: Cyclone on main and Wind on alt.

Do you have access to Skype?*
    Yes, I have skype which I will provide through a PM.

Do you have access to Discord?*
    Yes, I have discord which I will provide through a PM.

Do you have access to record high quality videos?*
    Yes, I purchased FRAPS as well as Open Broadcaster Software, and Davinci Resolve for editing.

Do you speak languages other than English?*
    I have two years of Spanish, however I haven’t learned much from it. I have a translator up to copy and paste at any time needed, however since it’s only English in chat shouldn’t be too much of a problem. (Translator would be for PM’s with players who do not speak Wnglish)

When are you most active the server?*
    For the most part, I will be online later at night, as far as my timezone goes. Usually I try to get on from maybe 3-5 pm and then around 8-12 pm. However, there are other factors that come into play such as school, sports, and other IRL activities. During the summer I will obviously be able to stay connected and active for several hours a day and sometimes for 12+ hours depending on really everything that I have going on. With summer coming to an end, I will be playing more in the 3-5 hours a day Range.

Have you applied before?*
    Yes, I have applied a month ago, and I was accepted to interviewing stage. I was then denied from there however I was not given a reason even after asking so I’m not entirely sure what I can fix.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How well known are you within the community?*
    I think that I am pretty well known within the community. I have played since Velocity and been in the top islands every single reset to this day, which I say only to show my dedication to the server and the amount of time spent. I've met a lot of people on cyclone that I still talk to every single day on snapchat and have formed relationships through it that I would actually consider fairly important and practical in my life. Some of the older players of cyclone such as Logan, Maddie, Angelo, and JJ have become close friends with me and we still talk to each other all of the time. I've always loved cyclone and its community because of the way that its run and the people that stay with it for years upon years just like I have.

In what way(s) do you believe you can make a positive impact on the server?*
    In my opinion, A server and its community can never stop growing. Although years of work have been dedicated and thrown into creating a server that is fun to play, and is able to keep peoples attention for long periods of time as well as keep a steady financial status, I will always argue that there is more features to be added, bugs to be fixed, and chat moderation needed. I think that I would be able to help with every one of these overall just as I believe each and every staff member on the Cyclone Network team currently does, and I would very much so enjoy being a part of it. I also have become very skilled at detailed building and I would be willing to build the server a spawn or anything that is needed for free.

How much time on average can you strongly state you can be actively on the network in a week?*
    I would say that on average during school I could put in 2-3 hours per day of my time being active (Not including afk) which adds up to 14-21 hours per week.

Do you have any past experiences in a staff position?*
    Yes I have a very broad experience within staff teams on various servers. I have owned 2 successful servers, been an admin on 3 different servers all of which had 100+ player bases, and I worked my way up along with Kianlos on a very popular server and was staff there for 2 years+. I think that all of the learning and "Field work" experience within my 6 years of playing minecraft has brought me fairly far within learning basic rules and techniques used for nearly any given situation.

Have you ever received any punishment(s) on CycloneNetwork?*
    I was banned for a week one time (By Huggie) for a duplication glitch that was being abused by many players, however there really was no way to separate the true abusers from the ones who were just using the shop legitimately at the exact time. I did not even know about the glitch and I still to this day do not know how to use it, so I can say with full confidence that I have never abused a glitch or broken any of the rules of Cyclone Network. (I was obviously was not happy about this situation as Cyclone is where I spend a lot of my time and it caused some problems between Huggie and I)

How long have you been playing on CycloneNetwork?*
    My friend Maddie, who most older players know, brought me on to play prison during Velocity. I liked it a lot and I decided to stick around and enjoyed it even more when skyblock was eventually added. I bought a rank and decided that I truly enjoyed the server and wanted to get to know people. I have been active almost every reset since then, and have spent large amounts of time and money creating my skyblock island to be one of the top islands each new version.

Give an example of a problem you’ve encountered and how you solved it.*
    Swearing and Caps within the chat are usually the most common problems within a servers community, however a large server that I was a moderator on experienced problems with several of the plugins that had been custom coded and the server was in a crisis resulting in temporary down time. I have some experience within coding plugins and the fix was fairly easy and I was able to help them out a lot.

Tell us about yourself - What qualities/skills do you feel define you?*
    I would say that some of the best qualities that I have are my knowledge and time spent with minecraft servers and understanding the way they work and are put together. Each aspect of a server is effective within the creation of it and sustainable development as long as it remains open. I think that knowing more than half of the active players on the server has a big role and that I am able to know each one of them and their personalities to be able to work cooperatively with them and problem solve in a way that results in both parties being happy. I think that I also have more common sense then most people and I find it really easy to think ahead of people and know exactly what they are saying and their situation and being able to tell when something is being exaggerated or lied about.

Anything else we should know that we didn't ask about?*
    No, I do not think that there is any other information about myself that will be useful for determining whether or not I will be joining the staff team. Thanks! -Infinity

• Old Old x 1
  2. Nice staff application, it is clear that you are very well spoken seeing that there are near to no mistakes. Hope you get accepted, best of luck

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Hey Infinity! I have a problem with this application and it's that its the same as your last application! Please don't re-post old Applications even if they went to the next stage, the ''Interview''.

Much Love! -Bam

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. Ah okay sorry I thought “You can apply again in 30 days” meant just repost. I’ll change it up a bit if I can.

5. #5 InfinityFactions, Jul 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    Okay I’ve changed as much as I can. Some of the questions are pretty basic though and the answers really can’t have any variation. It would be pointless for me to go into edit it and just use different synonyms for each word written, not to mention it would not sound as good as it does now, but I have definitely made a bunch of changes, added some information, and switched it up in the ways I thought we’re reasonable. Thanks for letting me know Bam.

6. Infinity I hope you get the chance to have an interview!!!! Your a great person and deserve the chance to prove that to everyone else. (Maybe go back and check for spelling errors though theres a few mistakes :) and maybe add a table of the hours your online on each day so they get the picture of how often you really are on during a week.) Goodluck!!!

7. Why not include your skype/disc in your application?

8. I am also planning on re-applying but doing it exactly a month after is not the best idea. Take time to have new experiences in life to you can include new things.

9. Nothing has changed.

10. The person applying may choose to keep their skype/discord private or not.
    As for your application Infinity, I personally like it :D
    It's pretty complete and I don't really know what you could add ;)
    I wish you the best of luck with your application !
    [+Support]

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks for the advice man but I’ve played Cyclone for 6 years and even if I waited another year there’s not gonna be many irl activities or occurances that would be able to relate back to a Minecraft server. I’ve included just about anything that I can about my personality and the way that I do things/have been taught to do things. And as far as why I do not list my Skype goes it is because when I was staff on bigger servers and such and I had so many different group chats and people on my Skype I would wake up each morning with over 30,000 new messages and not only was that annoying but it would also crash my entire computer and take me hours to get rid of as I needed to use Skype. I know that putting my Skype in my application here probably would not mean any new contacts at all, but I’ve just decided to keep it private no matter where it’s being asked. Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you Panda!

12. SO if you're a staff member people won't be able to ask you for help?

13. Of course they will. Most likely not through Skype though.

14. Pretty well written , and you seem like a really cool and fun guy!

15. Thank You for your interest in applying to become a staff member on Cyclone Network. However, some things are limiting you from achieving this position. If you wish to apply again, please do so in 30 days.

I wish you the best of luck if you apply again!

Locked & Denied

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.