Copied to Clipboard!

Just paste into your Minecraft client to play.

InfinityFaction's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Applications' started by InfinityFactions, Jun 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 InfinityFactions, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    Minecraft Username: InfinityFactions
    Alt Name(s): _UltimatePvP_

Date of application: June 20, 2018
    Timezone: Mountain Time
    Donor Rank: Cyclone on main and Wind on alt.

Do you have access to Skype?*
    Yes, I have skype which I will provide through a PM.

Do you have access to Discord?*
    Yes, I have discord which I will provide through a PM.

Do you have access to record high quality videos?*
    Yes, I purchased FRAPS as well as Open Broadcaster Software, and Davinci Resolve for editing.

Do you speak languages other than English?*
    No, I do not.

When are you most active the server?*
    For the most part, I will be online later at night, as far as my timezone goes. However, there are other factors that come into play such as school, sports, and other IRL activities. During the summer I will obviously be able to stay connected and active for several hours a day and sometimes for 12+ hours depending on really everything that I have going on. I do not play cyclone as much as I used to, but I would love to get back into it and help the server out as much as possible.

Have you applied before?*
    Yes, I have applied once before, and I was denied because Huggie was an admin and there was a situation with that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How well known are you within the community?*
    I think that I am pretty well known within the community. I have played since Velocity and been in the top islands every single reset to this day, which I say only to show my dedication to the server and the amount of time spent. I've met a lot of people on cyclone that I still talk to every single day on snapchat and have formed relationships through it that I would actually consider fairly important and practical in my life. Some of the older players of cyclone such as Logan, Maddie, Angelo, and JJ have become close friends with me and we still talk to each other all of the time. I've always loved cyclone and its community because of the way that its run and the people that stay with it for years upon years just like I have.

In what way(s) do you believe you can make a positive impact on the server?*
    In my opinion, A server and its community can never stop growing. Although years of work have been dedicated and thrown into creating a server that is fun to play, and is able to keep peoples attention for long periods of time as well as keep a steady financial status, I will always argue that there is more features to be added, bugs to be fixed, and chat moderation needed. I think that I would be able to help with every one of these overall just as I believe each and every staff member on the Cyclone Network team currently does, and I would very much so enjoy being a part of it. I also have become very skilled at detailed building and I would be willing to build the server a spawn or anything that is needed for free.

How much time on average can you strongly state you can be actively on the network in a week?*
    I would say that on average during school I could put in 2-3 hours per day of my time being active (Not including afk) which adds up to 14-21 hours per week.

Do you have any past experiences in a staff position?*
    Yes I have a very broad experience within staff teams on various servers. I have owned 2 successful servers, been an admin on 3 different servers all of which had 100+ player bases, and I worked my way up along with Kianlos on a very popular server and was staff there for 2 years+. I think that all of the learning and "Field work" experience within my 6 years of playing minecraft has brought me fairly far within learning basic rules and techniques used for nearly any given situation.

Have you ever received any punishment(s) on CycloneNetwork?*
    I was banned for a week one time (By Huggie) for a duplication glitch that was being abused by many players, however there really was no way to separate the true abusers from the ones who were just using the shop legitimately at the exact time. I did not even know about the glitch and I still to this day do not know how to use it, so I can say with full confidence that I have never abused a glitch or broken any of the rules of Cyclone Network. (I was obviously not happy about this situation as Cyclone is where I spend a lot of my time and it caused some problems between Huggie and I)

How long have you been playing on CycloneNetwork?*
    My friend Maddie, who most older players know, brought me on to play prison during Velocity. I liked it a lot and I decided to stick around and enjoyed it even more when skyblock was eventually added. I bought a rank and decided that I truly enjoyed the server and wanted to get to know people. I have been active almost every reset since then, and have spent large amounts of time and money creating my skyblock island to be one of the top islands each new version.

Give an example of a problem you’ve encountered and how you solved it.*
    Swearing and Caps within the chat are usually the most common problems within a servers community, however a large server that I was a moderator on experienced problems with several of the plugins that had been custom coded and the server was in a crisis resulting in temporary down time. I have some experience within coding plugins and the fix was fairly easy and I was able to help them out a lot.

Tell us about yourself - What qualities/skills do you feel define you?*
    I would say that some of the best qualities that I have are my knowledge and time spent with minecraft servers and understanding the way they work and are put together. Each aspect of a server is effective within the creation of it and sustainable development as long as it remains open. I think that knowing more than half of the active players on the server has a big role and that I am able to know each one of them and their personalities to be able to work cooperatively with them and problem solve in a way that results in both parties being happy. I think that I also have more common sense then most people and I find it really easy to think ahead of people and know exactly what they are saying and their situation and being able to tell when something is being exaggerated or lied about.

Anything else we should know that we didn't ask about?*
    No, I do not think that there is any other information about myself that will be useful for determining whether or not I will be joining the staff team. Thanks! -Infinity

2. Hey there! I'm glad to see you've made a return to Cyclone after a while.

When reading through your application I saw a few things that were great and a few things that could be changed.

One thing that stood out to me at the beginning of the application was this:

Even if it was Huggie that was the result of your denial, I would think there are better ways to explain this. Though I have no idea about the situation between you and Huggie, completely blaming your denial on a particular admin is not accurate, especially since there could've been other factors at play that may have resulted in denial as well.

Then I noticed a couple of phrases which I perceived to be slightly self-centered:

For your own sake, try not to focus on yourself too much. Even if you were in the top islands every single reset to this day and even if you have more common sense than most people, it will not make a strong case and will not improve your chances since everyone is unique in their own way. Saying that you're better than someone at something is irrelevant since everyone is better at something than another person.

There are also a couple of grammar mistakes and punctuation errors, but that's with almost every application. Though I myself have applied shortly after playing on Cyclone again, applying right when you've joined the server after a while seems a little premature to me, especially since this your first post on the forums since last year.

Enough of the nit-picky comments, I'd be happy to explain some great points.

Probably the biggest thing going for you right now is the fact that you have a lot of experience with other servers which I happen to know to be true. Having been trained for several years as a staff member is great because it makes your job easier and less of a hassle to adjust. Something else I noticed was your enthusiasm and interest in becoming staff, which I think to be appealing as well. Then finally, your variety of skills including the ones you've obtained being a staff member makes you a well-rounded individual, and the staff team can always use some variety.

Because of what has been mentioned above, my vote is leaning towards [-/+Support] simply because I don't know you well enough to make an accurate guess as to how well you'll perform as a staff member.

Good luck with the application!

3. Question, you were banned and toxic to the community (Well as far as I can see) and you still apply... Why?

4. Hello Infinity,

Thank You for applying to join the staff team. We are interested in your application and for that reason, I would like to offer you an interview so we can further understand and talk to you about your application. Please message me over the forums or on Discord with your Skype name so we can plan an interview!

I look forward to hearing from you! MiTo :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.