Copied to Clipboard!

Just paste into your Minecraft client to play.

IGotThatGreen's staff application

Discussion in 'Applications' started by IAmLaggy, Jul 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minecraft Username: IGotThatGreen - Green.

Alt Name(s):
    IAmLaggy, Ptime004. I also have siblings.

Date of application:7/1/2018

Timezone: Mountain

Donor Rank: Cyclone

Do you have access to Skype?*
    Yes.

Do you have access to Discord?*
    Yes.

Do you have access to record high quality videos?*
    Yes.

Do you speak languages other than English?*
    I took a Spanish class but failed it.

When are you most active the server?*
    I work a part-time job from about 9 am - 4:30 pm. I also have a girlfriend that needs attention but other than that I'm on all the time. When the school year starts in roughly 2 months my work schedule will be all over the place.

Have you applied before?*
    I think I applied around v5 and I don't remember.

How well known are you within the community?*
    Very well known.

In what way(s) do you believe you can make a positive impact on the server?*
    I have some good ideas on getting the server more players, and I'm basically on 24/7 other than work or girlfriend. I've been playing since around v3 so I'm pretty familiar with the server. I'm very active in chat either helping people with starting out, just telling jokes, or saying random things that pop in my head.

How much time on average can you strongly state you can be actively on the network in a week?*
    At least 20 hours per week or 4 hours every day unless I have something going on which doesn't happen often. So far this version I have been able to get on at least once every day just to check up on things.

Do you have any past experiences in a staff position?*
    I owned a decent server at one point but it was destroyed by the co-owner after I found him abusing. He even deleted all of the server back-ups. It ran for about a month or so and I even made some money on donations. Which in all honesty was put back into the server for more R.A.M or to hold a higher player base. But I figured out my Co-Owner was cheating items in for friends from other servers and he had basically broken the economy.

Have you ever received any punishment(s) on CycloneNetwork?*
    I have been warned once this version, and banned on another because a staff told me that using Player vs Player mods was ok. I was eventually unbanned after providing proof of what he said was ok. I don't remember ever being muted for any long period of time I think I have been muted for spam around v6 or v5.

How long have you been playing on CycloneNetwork?*
    I am pretty sure I joined in v3 and was fairly active on prison. On v4 and v5 I played a lot of skyblock and prison. In v6 I mainly just did PvP on prison and skyblock. I don't think I kind of quit playing Minecraft around v7 but I came back when I got the email for v8.

Give an example of a problem you’ve encountered and how you solved it.*
    Well I noticed Lucy_69 being very negligent and somewhat abusive. I got him to admit that he knew we were doing the bow/potion glitch to gain experience. I took screenshots and I knew I needed some more evidence then I learned he had been griefing. So I discretely direct messaged MitoCam on discord and had him check Lucy's player vaults. So I made a staff report and Lucy has since been demoted.

Tell us about yourself - What qualities/skills do you feel define you?*
    - I have taken multiple classes on programming, mainly c# and python.
    - I'm decent with computers.
    - I work as a lifeguard at my local pool, and It's no secret I have been slightly toxic at times when provoked but over this last version I've matured.
    - I am good with my people skills in real life but sometimes I just go on this game to blow off steam.
    - I'm a junior in high school, and summer is started so I have no better way to spend my time.
    - I do play other games every once in a while like Overwatch, Fortnite, and some horror games but mainly Minecraft now.

Anything else we should know that we didn't ask about?*
    I do have some questions for you guys but I'm guessing they'll be answered in the interview portion.

2. #2 Lucy_69, Jul 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    Add more detail.
    Sometimes you are still very toxic.
    You say "I do have some questions for you guys but I'm guessing they'll be answered in the interview portion." Make you look overconfident.
    - Support

Ps

3. you are toxic and you basically scammed me... like energesis, - Support and I will always choose it.

4. #4 IAmLaggy, Jul 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    Oh was it the coin flip you told me not to do transcentient?

5. Lucy I didn't mean to sound over confident I was just saying that If I needed to ask questions they'll be answered in the interview portion. And I think the staff application was made on another CN account because I couldn't find it.

6. You’re active that is for sure, and your application is decent.
    Maybe should work on the way you act in chat as you are relatively toxic. I’m neutral because of this.

7. Yeah I've been working on my toxicity. I do work all day then come home to see people talking crap on me and I just get a little fumed.

8. Thank you all for your opinions! I'll make sure to work on bettering my self and giving back to the community. Even if I don't get accepted I'm still going to. And maybe I can make another staff application soon.

9. Hi,

Look at this cool staff reply format:
    -you need better punctuation at some parts
    and also if you're very well known how come I don't really know that much about you hmmmm....

+/-/+/-/+/- Support (neutral)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Maybe i'm not meant to be staff. This is the only server I've cared enough to apply on.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Trans you don't give - support because you don't like him... Give good arguments.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. You can always message Mitocam On discord/Forums I'm sure he will answer your questions

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Well that's fair enough. Best way to deal with it is to just ignore it. Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hey Green.

In my opinion, it's premature for you to apply for staff right now. From what I have seen, you seem to be directing your attention towards the game more than the community. If a staff member is only concentrated on the game, there will be no time to help other players. An integral part of staffing is serving players and attending to their needs.

I know you have taken some abuse, I understand that others can treat you better, but I find there's a connection between p0wer0wner becoming a member of your island, becoming the richest player on the server, and applying for staff. A staff role should be taken seriously and not be treated as a garner of attention. In my opinion, your motive of applying for staff is for personal gain, though I am a firm believer of change and I could be wrong.

With that being said however, not everything I find about you is pessimistic. For example, you seem to be pretty self-aware with your behavior:

A big part of change is learning from your mistakes and being self-aware with yourself. I see a lot of potential to improve your behavior and I believe that you will have a much higher chance of acceptance if you improve your behavior and devote a large part of your time to becoming an asset to the community. However for right now, my verdict is [-Support].

I hope you can take this time to improve yourself so you will be much more apt to uphold a staff position in the future. Good luck with your application nonetheless.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Thanks Dom (I don't know your ign) but I truly am trying to better my self and become an important part of the server. I have been focusing more on the game but I have achieved what I set out to accomplish. Now there's an opening for me to help other people such as making free grinders at my island warp. I respect your opinion and that was very well put. If you could let me know what I need to do in the community to help better my self and other players I would be truly appreciative.

16. His ign is Dominoose or something like that

17. Thank You for your interest in applying to become a staff member on Cyclone Network. However, some things are limiting you from achieving this position. If you wish to apply again, please do so in 30 days.

I wish you the best of luck if you apply again!

Locked & Denied

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.