Copied to Clipboard!

Just paste into your Minecraft client to play.

iAstronaut's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by iAstronaut, May 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 iAstronaut, May 8, 2018
    Last edited: May 8, 2018
    GENERAL INFORMATION

Minecraft Username: iAstronaut (Previously: iRaze, iPalace)
    Alt Name(s): iWick, Incepted

Date of application: Monday 7th May 2018 (7/5/2018)
    Timezone: GMT -1
    Donor Rank: Zeus

Do you have access to Skype?*
    Yes

Do you have access to Discord?*
    Yes

Do you have access to record high quality videos?*
    Yes

Do you speak languages other than English?*
    I speak conversational French

When are you most active the server?*
    As of when my application will be published (I am writing this now in a Word document), we will still be waiting for the revamp to be released, however based on my current daily schedule I have come up with a rough idea of when I will be able to get on the server (these are times I will be able to play, not times I will for certain be online); however I will be connected to the discord server and the forum via my phone whenever I can be. All times are set in GMT -1.

Monday & Tuesday: 18:30 – 21:00
    Wednesday: 20:00 – 22:00
    Thursday & Friday: 19:00 – 22:00
    Saturday: 18:00 – 0:00
    Sunday: 9:30 – 12:00 & 16:30 – 21:00

Total hours per week: 26
    Average hours per week: 18

Have you applied before?*
    8th October 2016 (Locked due to inactivity when I quit), 10th November 2016 (Locked and asked to start a conversation with Kianlos, no reply), 20th October 2017 (Locked due to insufficient time back in the community after my July – September 2017 break)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

QUESTIONS

How well known are you within the community?*
    I have been away from Cyclone since November following an argument with a staff member regarding a dispute in which a player threw insults at a recent family loss and made ill-minded jokes which, as I retaliated, led to me being permanently banned. However, before my ban, I would like to think I was a well-known member of the community, having joined in September 2016 and staying active for the most of 2017 by playing almost every day with the exception of a month-long break somewhere in between.

In what way(s) do you believe you can make a positive impact on the server?*
    I’d like to think I’m quite good at influencing people by the actions I make. I love helping people and often do when people request it, but of course with a Staff title people will come to me for help instead of me needing to find them which I find is a big responsibility that I would be able to undertake. I am also very interested in Business Studies and General Management and feel that I have lots to offer in terms of ideas and professionalist opinion when speaking in Staff Meetings or to the Senior Staff team which I would assume will be of great value with the revamp coming soon. Along with my eagerness to help out both players and Senior Staff, I always make it my goal to go above and beyond to exceed expectations set to me and, when thinking of school work, will always go beyond what is asked of me to better myself and my grades whether it be coursework or generally asking questions.

How much time on average can you strongly state you can be actively on the network in a week?*
    I can confidently say I will be online every day for at least 2 hours during the week and up to 7 hours a day on weekends. As an average, I can play 30 hours a week which is more time than a lot of people my age will offer, especially during my A Level qualifications. Before my break from Cyclone, I would spend 30 minutes each night reading through recent threads on the forums and commenting where necessary, however should I be accepted to the staff team I would like to boost the forums to make it a much more active community. Such is seen in the bigger networks where the forums becomes its own separate community. I will warn you however that, as I mentioned, I am currently undergoing my A Level qualifications which last 2 years, having started in September of this year. Therefore, I may have to prioritise schoolwork over server moderation but will still be able to get online at least once a day.

Do you have any past experiences in a staff position?*
    I have had some good experience moderating and managing communities, including my own and several new servers that needed a hand to get permissions set and players under control etc.
    From my experience as a server as Managing smaller servers as well as being Owner of my own servers (3 servers set up and functioning, 1st didn’t gain enough players, 2nd and 3rd ran out of funds due to lack of donations after a few weeks) I learnt a lot such as how to tame an audience to calm down and generally managing large groups of people. I feel this is a very transferrable skill to Cyclone as that will be most of what my job is as a Recruit, and should I progress, I will only increase my skill as I move further.
    My experience as a Moderator comes from a smaller server which had a daily player base of about 300 when it was popular. I used to have to do a similar job to that of a staff member on Cyclone and so feel that this experience would also be transferable to becoming staff for CN.

Have you ever received any punishment(s) on CycloneNetwork?*
    I have been banned three times on Cyclone which unfortunately is a lot of times for somebody writing a staff application. I feel that my previous punishments are either justified or far enough in the past to be forgiven. My most recent ban I explained earlier, and for the sake of my sanity I would like to request some respect for the privacy of the reasoning behind my ban, but if by some means you found out or read what had happened, I’m sure you too would understand why I did what I did. Another time was for “Slanderous accusations and Defamation” for 24 hours when I was being toxic towards a staff member in July, however after nearly a year, I would like to think that I have matured as an individual and have moved past the days of toxicity.
    I was also banned for “Homophobia” in June where I must have been angry with someone and thrown a passing insult without thinking of the consequences. Again, I feel that I have moved on from then and always think about what I say in heated situations.

How long have you been playing on CycloneNetwork?*
    As I mentioned before, I joined Cyclone Network in September 2016, meaning I have been a member of the community for over a year now, with the exception of a break from April to June (2017) and then again between July to September (2017) where I shortly after my most recent ban I stopped playing Minecraft, however I have since been playing with friends on a private server and would like to get back into it, and am greatly looking forward to being as active as I had been previously in time for the revamp.

Give an example of a problem you’ve encountered and how you solved it.*
    I used to be quite a toxic player. I was very short fused and got angry quickly if things didn’t go my way because, frankly, I was quite spoilt by my parents when I was younger but have since matured more after joining College last year and trying to better myself as a person in order to focus on what matters, not what doesn’t. I therefore feel that I learnt from being toxic that it doesn’t actually get you any further being aggressive than it would being reasonable, and in fact if you’re reasonable you’re much more likely to get what you’re looking for.

Tell us about yourself - What qualities/skills do you feel define you?*
    Most of the time I like to meet my mates at the skate park, play console with a few friends when I get bored of Minecraft on games like Fortnite and Battlefield 1. I know it’s a silly reference but in Battlefield 1, your team consists of groups called “Squads” and I always create a private 5-man squad for me and 4 mates, where we all work together as a unit to play the objective. I see this as teambuilding and I often lead the group, which represents my natural ability to lead a group of people, as a Staff Member should be able to do. I am also good at making quick, effective decisions when looking at a problem. Like I said, I always look to exceed expectation, and this includes solving a problem; whereas most people will “fix” the problem and then leave it alone, I’ll always try to look for a way to improve it so that it won’t reoccur. I think this is a very valuable trait.

Anything else we should know that we didn't ask about?*
    I think that covers it all! Thank you very much for taking the time to read my application, I hope it didn’t bore you. If you would like to leave feedback, I would love to hear what you have to say, so please let me know in the comments section (If you’re talking about a specific part, you can highlight the text you want with your cursor and click “Reply” to include the quote from my application).

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Hey iAstronaut,
    I'm normally not a person that responds to Applications or give any opinion about them. But you coming up really caught my attention, as I both dealt with you and worked by your side. I personally helped you when things went bad and saw you do really good in the community, I would like to see what you say to be true, as you have a lot of potential of actually being great, some people will disagree with me, some might believe me, but I would love to give you a chance, as I can see you put a lot of effort in this application, I really liked it.

[+ Support]

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Bam you’ve put a smile on my face! Thanks for the feeback bud! :)

4. heres a tip in the Do you have any past experiences in a staff position? question you menstion a servers name you might want to remove that cos on the format thingy it says do not give the server names

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Well spotted! Thanks for the help.

6. Hey Astro,
    I've read your application and I could say that I pretty much like it :)
    I think you could make a great staff for the network. The only thing that bugs me, is the ban you got... I know it's already been a while since then, so I'm sure you've learned a lot from your previous punishements... Well, I wish you the best of luck with your application !
    [+Support]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks Panda. I strongly believe that my most recent ban was a series of unfortunate events and that I will be able to compose myself next time.

8. +Support
    I'm LudiStack just a og name :p

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks bud! See you in the revamp!

10. Oh boy, it's been awhile since I seen your face round here. Well even an application for that matter but I must say when the server releases it will most likely need more staff. Just from skimming through your application once it seems pretty alright, I believe as for your past toxicity (which I know very well of) you were definitely short fused but I can see you're trying to improve on that which I'm very proud of. I've seen great responsibility from you and you help when others need it. Just try to work on that 'short fused' part, and also try not to judge others to quickly or cause any rambles. You know what I mean.

For right now I'm staying Neutral as of now. (Which is -/+ Support)

Best of luck ol' timer, can't wait to see your face here often again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Rupur! I've missed you buddy boy! I demand you hit me up on Discord immediately! Thanks for the feedback broski!

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Hey iAstronaut,

I think that overall this is an extremely good application. Your answers are very detailed and well explained, there are little grammar and spelling errors and your answers are easy to understand. However, I personally believe that staff would have to monitor your behavior for a period of time, to see how you have changed. Moreover, I do know that you are very mature and I think you would be suited for a staff role.

Current Verdict: +Support

Your Friendly Llama,

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Thanks Mito! Glad to see you're backing me.

• Like Like x 2
  14. From what I've read, you would make an amazing staff member! There is a ton of detail in all of your answers. Just why exactly were you toxic? I know sometimes people can't help it.

15. Not sure what you mean by "why were you toxic" but thanks for the support.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Quality staff application and would definitely consider iAstro to be a trusted well spoken individual.

+Support

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thanks pal! Look forward to catching up when the server releases!

18. I like how you have taken much effort in applying and the application has a good amount of information, it's well organized ,hope you get accepted as I see potential in you

• Like Like x 1
  19. dank application. don't see a reason for you not to be staff

• Like Like x 1
  20. Thanks guys, happy to have your vote.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.