Copied to Clipboard!

Just paste into your Minecraft client to play.

Energesis' Staff Application

Discussion in 'Applications' started by energesis, Jun 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 energesis, Jun 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    Minecraft Username: energesis
    Alt Name(s): mayanex8810

Date of application: 11/06/2018 (11th June 2018)
    Timezone: GMT
    Donor Rank: Cyclone

Do you have access to Skype?
    Yes.

Do you have access to Discord?*
    Yes.

Do you have access to record high quality videos?
    No, but can download software if needed.

Do you speak languages other than English?
    French but only at an intermediate level.

When are you most active the server?*
    19:00-00:00 GMT during term time.

Have you applied before?
    Yes, in 2016. I'm not sure why I was denied exactly but most likely due to my previous toxic behaviour.

How well known are you within the community?
    I am relatively well known. I used to be very known throughout the server back in 2016/early 2017 as I was very active then and gathered popularity from and made friends with many differently people. Some of those people who still play today recognise me.

In what way(s) do you believe you can make a positive impact on the server?
    This server is my favourite server and is the only reason I play Minecraft. Due to this I want nothing more than to see this server grow and prosper and to see the community enjoying their time spent here. I used to be moderately toxic and ill-behaved (I have reformed massively since then) so I know what it is like for other people and the negative effect it can have on a community so I would want to remove toxicity if needed but preferably help those people reform and rejoin the community as functioning and friendly members. I also have a moderate understanding of many things within the server and try to use my knowledge and experience to help others and answer their queries, while my knowledge on SkyBlock itself is limited as I am new to the mode I am still learning more each day and trying to spread this to others.

How much time on average can you strongly state you can be actively on the network in a week?
    During term time I am active around 14 hours per week but can be a lot more active during the coming summer holiday for 5 days. Then I should be able to be active for roughly 21+ hours per week depending on work schedules.

Do you have any past experiences in a staff position?
    I have been trusted with the role of managing minor projects and events within my school and this has taught me a lot about the organisation of people and time for efficiency. It has also meant I have dealt with difficult situations where I am under pressure to make decisions quickly and have been able to adapt and learn how to focus in and handle these types of situations. I have gained a greater understanding of the need for punishments and what level of severity is needed in different situations in terms of people's attitudes and behaviours to work and others. I have also helped in nursery's and have learnt how to deal with difficult people and creating a solution which pleases as many as possible as much as possible. Overall I have developed a lot of people skills in terms of dealing with situations and behaviours and have gained experience in being relied on for advice and assistance from others.

Have you ever received any punishment(s) on CycloneNetwork?
    I have been muted a few times in V5 for toxic/annoying behaviour and for inappropriate names but have not received any punishment since those. I have learned from this and other instances where I have displayed toxic behaviour outside of games that it was me who had an issue and I sought help to resolve this issue and I now have a much greater control over my anger. Being toxic towards undeserving people is something I regret to admit I have done in the past but am proud to state I believe it won't happen again and will do everything in my power to ensure I do not do it again.

How long have you been playing on CycloneNetwork?
    Since late August 2016.

Give an example of a problem you’ve encountered and how you solved it.
    I recently faced an issue with bullying. My friend and I were being relentlessly bullied by 3 older people in my school, we were at first both too afraid to go to anyone about it and felt we could just put up with it until they left in a few months. After it getting too much and almost causing tears from both of us I felt it would be best to stand up to the bullies personally and seek an explanation as to why they were bullying us. After a long conversation with the "leader" of their pack it had been revealed that they were previously bullied and that had caused emotional trauma to them which caused them to become bullies. I avoided going to a teacher and first tried to settle things with communication as I feel that is the best and most preferable option to all as it causes the least harm and can help others reform and become better people themselves.

Tell us about yourself - What qualities/skills do you feel define you?*
    I have a passion for music, parkour and maths. My mathematical side is one of my main features as I am a very analytical and methodical person, I prefer things to be structured and methodical as it ensures efficiency and helps to avoid issues. This applies to rules as rules are needed in order to keep the community a safe and happy environment for all. My love for parkour is my physical side and has helped me develop the ability to think quickly and adapt to surroundings physically which has then helped me do the same mentally. Finally, music for me is a form of relaxation and release from stress and pressure. My most defining qualities are: my empathy and my cognitive ability. I am a very empathetic person and I'm relatively good at understanding people's emotions and situations and putting myself in their shoes. Seeing other's perspectives is important as it betters your ability to sympathise and gain a sense of trust within that person, establishing trust is especially important as a staff member as people need to trust and like staff so they can go to them about issues and trusting there to be a quick response and they feel that the staff are a reliable source for guidance and information which is what staff should be able to provide to all. A quality I feel would be useful when applied to bettering the server would be my creativity. I am quite imaginative and can come up with new ideas for additions to the server or brainstorming ways to improve the quality of the server for players and ways to overcome and work around issues and problems.

Anything else we should know that we didn't ask about?
    I do suffer from ADHD, potentially autism and I have had problems with anger issues in the past. These things were the main reason for my toxicity and poor behaviour in the past but since then I have had counselling for my anger issues and am on medication for my ADHD which has helped me reform my bad behaviour. Other than that the questions covered everything I can think of to say about myself.

2. #2 Lucy_69, Jun 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  3. You do realise he just copy and pasted the format. Wait for a staff member to delete it. Congratulations on your acceptance by the way.

4. I accidentally hit enter instead of backspace while starting the application, I've edited it now though. Sorry about that.

5. Hi energesis, I've seen you around a fair amount this version, and actually myself introduced you to Skyblock and how things work around here as you were originally a Prison player, I recall you telling me. Being the person that helped you into the swing of Skyblock, I don't think you're yet ready for the staff team as I feel you may be out of your depth if you were asked a difficult question about Skyblock and how things work. On top of this I still see a lot of toxicity from you, and have caught you using racial slang and often talking about inappropriate subjects.

I do see a good person in you, and I think if you allow more time on Skyblock to gain more knowledge about the game and maybe take the time to find out about all the different grinders, farms and generators. As far as toxicity goes, I understand that ADHD will make it difficult for you to hold yourself back and instead act on impulse, as a good friend of mine struggles with his level of ADHD. I would recommend trying to think about what you're saying before you hit "Enter" and ask yourself "Would this be acceptable for a member of staff to say", as an example-setting member of the community.

Good luck!

6. Hello, this is quite a good application! However, there are one or two things that could be improved. Firstly just fix the couple grammar mistakes thoughtout the application. Also can you add anymore detail to any of your answers? Moreover, I do think this is a good application but just watch what you say when you’re on Cyclone! I wish you the best of luck.

Current Verdict: +Support

Your Friendly Llama,

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. #7 Dom, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    Hello energesis!

Most of the flaws in the application and in your behavior (which understandably some you can't help) have already been addressed but I'm going to try to explain a few specifics from my perspective.

MiTo noticed a lack of detail in some of your answers and I have a couple of ways you can improve.

For example in the first question:

Attempting to completely get rid of toxicity within the server by yourself is respectable, however pretty bold if you ask me. With what is possible, how can you attempt to remove toxicity from the server? In what ways will you attempt to do so?

Then:

I know I'm nitpicking and I apologize, but completely changing someone's behavior is just not going to happen. The best you can do is just let them change themselves; and the punishments will do the talking.

And lastly:

Though I admire your willingness to help other people, exactly how will you share knowledge with other players? Oftentimes if a player needs help they would ask in chat, though try not to be the first one to help them just because you're applying for staff since I see that happening with other applicants.

You can apply the same method of revising to your other answers which should hopefully improve them though of course it's your choice whether to apply them or not.

Because you aren't leaning towards one particular side or another and the fact there's room for improvement in my opinion, my rating would be a [+/-Support].

• Like Like x 2
  8. for being an asshole to me, - Support
    I will always choose - Support for you

9. Thank You for your interest in applying to become a staff member on Cyclone Network. However, some things are limiting you from achieving this position. If you wish to apply again, please do so in 30 days.

I wish you the best of luck if you apply again!

Locked & Denied

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.