Copied to Clipboard!

Just paste into your Minecraft client to play.

DarthKylo_'s Ban Appeal

Discussion in 'Archived Ban Appeals' started by Darth, Sep 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Your IGN: DarthKylo_
    Reason for Ban: Duping
    Time & Date of Ban: 8/30/2017
    Name of Staff member who banned you: Rectangle
    Why you should be unbanned: I want to check out the server now that it has reset and I don't feel like using duped keys before a reset really warranted a perm ban, I just wanna check the server out and I can't even do that rip
    Supporting Evidence [Optional]:

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. You knew that duping was a perm ban, and you still did it nonetheless, even if a reset was coming (during that time the date hadn't even been announced, it could've been one month from then). Even if you want to check out the server, it doesn't warrant you to do so. Personally, I believe that this ban appeal isn't valid, so I'm gonna give it a -Support.

3. #3 Dom, Sep 19, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    I can say that from my experience, players are more often than not accountable for the legitimacy of keys. In other words, players will often play the "oh, I didn't know they were duped" card when they create ban appeals, however this excuse rarely convinces anyone. If you were careful enough you should've realized something suspicious about those keys, potentially saving you from a ban. Instead, your greed had overtaken your better judgement, neglecting to verify if they were legitimate or not. Since the glitch has been patched, maybe the staff will be kind enough to give you a second chance.

I speak on behalf of anyone who was banned for this.

4. How tf was I supposed to know duping was a perm ban? That was my first time being on the server in months. I figured it would be logical with the amount of players involved that not everyone will get perm bans. I've been through almost every reset and bans have been reset. How should've I have known that they wouldn't. I don't play on cyclone regularly at all, I want to just see the reset and then leave basically. Also a few new players joined the server and were handed keys not knowing what to do because they literally just joined.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. darth none of the people that made an appeal for this ban wave have been unbanned so basically, your not gonna get unbanned

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. You're* learn to spell before crushing my hopes. It makes no sense to perm ban us, server reset and once again we have seen the flawed staff system. They say they solved an issue but didn't whatsoever. Server reset and it's like nothing happened. A lot of innocent people were banned, I'm more worried about other people than myself at the moment.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. It actually does make sense to permanent ban you. You knowingly broke the rules along with others. Even if a reset was approaching, as previously stated, the date wasn't announced, so it didn't matter even if a reset was announced whatsoever. The whole "a reset was coming" excuse doesn't make any sense, anyway. The rule was broken, the player was punished. They aren't innocent. Plus, the issue is fixed, as the duping glitch is patched.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. You guys are just able to use the same reason just because bans didn't reset as they did for every other reset. Like I said, I'm not a regular player, just wanna stop on by. It must be nice to know the only way players can have fun on a server is by breaking the rules

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. Honestly, I think you should not be unbanned or your time reduced on your ban. If you didn't know whether using stacks of legendary keys or duping was allowed then you could have waited until a staff got on, then you could have asked them whether or not you would be allowed too. Also just because it's before a reset doesn't mean a punishment should be any less than if it reset. Everyone banned for duping was not innocent, each staff have collected their own proof of them duping/using duped items, if you would like to go into more detail with this issue please speak to me in a private conversation. I personally say you should not be unbanned, but I will leave it up to the staff who banned you.

Your Friendly Llama,

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. You will not be unbanned, we do not tolerate duping.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.