Copied to Clipboard!

Just paste into your Minecraft client to play.

Cool_Whips Staff Application

Discussion in 'Applications' started by xCoMaNdOcOoKiEx, Jun 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 xCoMaNdOcOoKiEx, Jun 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    Minecraft Username: Cool_Whip
    Alt Name(s): N/A

Date of application: 17/06/2018
    Timezone: GMT/BST
    Donor Rank: Zeus

Do you have access to Skype?*
    Yes

Do you have access to Discord?*
    Yes

Do you have access to record high quality videos?*
    Yes

Do you speak languages other than English?*
    None

When are you most active the server?*
    early afternoon too Late evening/early morning

Have you applied before?*
    Yes.
    I applied on the 16th of September 2017 and passed the reviewing stage. After then a successful interview, I went on holiday for just over a week and was not able to play on the server. The outcome of this was me being denied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How well known are you within the community?*
    I feel like I have a very healthy relationship with other members before the network. I am continually welcoming new members and assisting them with any problems. Along with this, I can often be found chatting with current members. Since I have been playing on the network since V2, I believe that I am a familiar face on the server.

In what way(s) do you believe you can make a positive impact on the server?*

There are a healthy amount of reasons why I think I can make a positive impact on the network. One of these strengths is Friendliness. When I am online, I am always finding people who need help on the network. This includes things like challenges, discord info, how to warp ECT and whenever possible I help them out. One thing that I think is important to show as a member of staff is that staff are not there just to punish people. Staff are on the server to be friendly and human. I am almost always on the server so i available the majority of the time. Another strength of mine is discipline. I feel like I have complete clarification over when someone has stepped over the line and requires a sanction. I also feel like I am confident with deciding what punishments should can when a rule has been broken. One more reason why I think I could make a difference on the network is suggestions. I feel like I am in touch with the community regularly and I usually hear ideas to improve the server, and lots of people agree with these suggestions that have been brought up, but in most cases no one asks for these features to be introduced but with my current stance in the community, I could very quickly bring these suggestions up to staff and maybe introduce a few.

How much time on average can you Strongly state you can be active on the network in a week?*
    In a week, I usually play an absolute minimum of 30 hours. I can play from whenever I wake up to whenever I go to sleep (with breaks) at this current moment as I have just finished school. A rough time for this would be 11AM-1AM. Everybody needs a break now and then so there may be a day when I am not on. A does not include the odd times I will hang out with friends, but I can dedicate as much or as little time needed.

Do you have any past experiences in a staff position?*
    I have previously been an admin for my friends Minecraft server. This server averaged around 15 people at one time. This may not sound useful, but during my time as an admin, I learnt how to fully use multiple different moderation plugins. Another experience of moderating is Discord. I currently have an Admin rank on my cousin's discord server for his Youtube channel. This Discord server has 43 members, and during my time on the server, I have also improved my knowledge of moderation and when sanctions should be used. Another skill that I have learnt from being staff on this discord server is configuring and managing bots.

Have you ever received any punishment(s) on CycloneNetwork?*
    one but was reverted almost straight away after DMs with a member of staff to explain
    https://cyclonenetwork.org/bans/history.php?uuid=7ef4efbb-c26b-4cf3-95bb-9e7696fc48e3&from=bans

How long have you been playing on CycloneNetwork?*
    I have been playing Cyclone since the start of V2. This shows that I have much experience on the server.

Give an example of a problem you’ve encountered and how you solved it.*
    Prior a school production was in progress since and I was controlling the sound elements the MacBook that was playing the soundtrack for the musical had an unexpected crash leaving the theatre in a state of silence. Priore the performance, as always, I had prepared both a physical disk and a spare laptop with the soundtracks preloaded. This meant a rather swift hot swap of laptops insured the show continued, and the audience was happy.

Tell us about yourself - What qualities/skills do you feel define you?*
    I am a mature 16-year-old who is confident and independent. I am polite, friendly, very reliable and trustworthy. I am hardworking and will always work to the best of my ability. A few of my key skills are Good communication skills, Good numeric skills, Excellent IT skills and I can remain calm and work effectively under pressure. Some of my Achievements are that I was chosen to participate in leadership training by SASP (My county's school sports program), Regularly volunteer to help with lighting, sound and backstage work in school productions, Selected for production manager in last school year production, participate in amateur boxing through the ABA (Amateur Boxing Asociation) and I am part of my schools rugby team. My main four hobbies are Boxing, theatrical lighting designing/operating, Rugby and listening to music. I am a very active person, and I love the sport. One of my favourite sports is Rugby. Rugby is a team based game and you are constantly talking to your teammates while playing. This improves my teamwork skills. I also love the technical side to theatres and venues such as the sound and lighting aspects.

Edits
    20/6/18: Changed rank from Cyclone to Zeus

2. As always, feedback and constructive criticism is welcome.

3. Just a heads up I wouldn't do that that's could be classed as boosting your application

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. #4 TransAlt, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    Compared to example Lucy and Pur's staff application, this is huge (i think). Also, I don't think you need to show the Edits sign. Just an opinion.
    Though I can see some grammar mistakes. Try to touch up in that. And you would get a +Support

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. I believe I have corrected my grammar let me know if there are still any errors :)

6. Hello! I've seen you around the server fairly often since the server reset.

I still see a couple of grammatical errors after Trans mentioned about it, so I would double check the application again. If you need help just ask.

Other than that, I don't see any noticeable flaws in neither your application nor behavior that haven't been pointed out which is great!

Time will tell in this case, so my vote is currently [+Support].

Best of luck to you second time around!

7. Please don't bump you application with unnecessary posts.

Overall you application looks pretty good. But I don't think I've seen you actively helping on the server.
    [+/-Support]

8. Hey Cool_Whip!

I liked your application, I think it included a good amount of detail without becoming too "waffle-y". To me, it looks like you have a very good reputation on the network and I think you have a good potential as a member of staff. It'd be good to see some more staff based in the UK as I too am a Brit and often see a lack of staffing when I am playing at peak times.

It is also a good sign to me that you have previously reached the tipping point of becoming a member of staff before having to pull out, as it shows you can fit the role, in the hope that you haven't changed how you behave and how you get involved in the community since September.

I agree with Koala that I do not often see you actively helping people on the server, nor do I see you have a huge impact on the community in general.

From here, to better your chances of acceptance, I would recommend starting to keep an eye out for people looking for help and generally being available for new/current players who are asking for any tips or advice when it comes to commands, farms/grinders, or just general knowledge of the server.

I would like to see you join the staff team and I wish you the best of luck in the remainder of your application process.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. I Would like to say that I am going on holiday for two weeks and therefore will not be able to play on the server. I am saying this because that is the reason why I got denied last time as I was uncontactable and I hope that it does not once again affect my application.

10. You have not gotten any -Supports and you need to go for a holiday, that's a little sad. Maybe you can install PickaxeChat/Minechat to stay just a little active if that helps! Oh yeah BTW sorry I forgot but +Support

11. Thank you for the +support. I will try those apps but I am not too sure how my WIFI is going to behave. If my WIFI works then I 100% will. I'm just hoping that who ever is going to do the recruiting wont do the same thing that Dylz did to me which was deny due to inactivity.

12. Well Dylz is gone now, and they can't deny due to inactivity unless you don't get PickaxeChat/Minechat

13. Hello Cool,

Thank You for applying to join the staff team. We are interested in your application and for that reason, I would like to offer you an interview so we can further understand and talk to you about your application. Please message me over the forums or on Discord with your Skype name so we can plan an interview!

I look forward to hearing from you! MiTo :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.