Copied to Clipboard!

Just paste into your Minecraft client to play.

BritishMunkeh's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Applications' started by Joshua, Jul 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Joshua, Jul 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    GENERAL INFORMATION
    [Short Responses]

Minecraft Username: BritishMunkeh
    Alt Name(s): CycloneCity

Date of application:
    Timezone: BST (British Summer Time)
    Donor Rank: Zeus, and my alt has Cyclone.

Do you have access to Skype?*
    Yes, I have access to skype.

Do you have access to Discord?*
    Yes, I have access to discord.

Do you have access to record high quality videos?*
    Yes, I have access to record high quality videos.

Do you speak languages other than English?*
    Unfortunately I do not speak any language other than English.

When are you most active the server?*
    Monday – 12:30pm – 11pm
    Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday – 4pm – 11pm
    Friday – 3:30pm – 12am or 1am
    Saturday and Sunday – Anytime between 9am and 11pm / 12am

These times may vary depending on the amount of homework I get throughout the week from school and whether I have any family or friend plans. Also note that starting July 20th until early September I am on school break and therefore will be far more active also.

Have you applied before?*
    [If yes explain why you were denied]
    I have applied before and I was accepted, this however was roughly two years ago. This application can be found here: https://cyclonenetwork.org/threads/izyros-staff-application.1379/
    I was not denied either and made my way up to 'Officer' rank.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

QUESTIONS
    [Long responses]

How well known are you within the community?*
    I am relatively well known within the community, this is down to my past staff experience on this server and for my positivity and humour. Many of the new players that have joined since I left the server for almost a year now also recognise me. I try give out help where ever I can also as I am constantly talking in the chat, so it is hard to miss me! Since I have come back to Cyclone I have spent countless hours on the server, and because of this I have got to know many of the people and people have been able to get to know me and now recognise me whenever I jump onto the server.

In what way(s) do you believe you can make a positive impact on the server?*
    I believe I can make a positive impact on the server as I will be able to give out punishments when required to when there is either no staff online, or staff are busy dealing with something else; whether this be in game or something to do with the real world. This has happened on many occasions where I could’ve helped the server out, but instead I have had to spam staff on either skype or discord. I also believe that I would be a friendly, welcoming person to have as staff on the server and will help all the new players, and current players out with their questions when they are asking.

How much time on average can you strongly state you can be actively on the network in a week?*
    I can spend roughly 40-60 hours on the server per week on average. This would be spread out to be around 4-6 hours per day from Monday to Friday, and then 8-10 hours on Saturday and Sunday. This week alone (starting Monday June 25th) I have spent over 80 hours on the server. I am very dedicated to the server and will be as active on it as I can, without it interfering with other important things going on in my life, such as school.

Do you have any past experiences in a staff position?*
    [If so, please explain your experience and what you have learned. DO NOT name other servers.]
    Yes, I have had past staff experiences, my longest and best staff experience being on this server starting from August 20th 2016 and ending on July 16th 2017. I went through the ranks of Helper, Moderator and Officer (now known as Official). I helped maintain the server and punished people correctly where need during my time being staff here. I also from time to time helped the admins with some testing, however that was not very often. This staff experience ended due to myself getting bored of Cyclone as there hadn’t been any change for a while, this led me to become rather inactive so I thought it would be best to resign. The almost 11 months was very enjoyable though!

I’ve also had some staff experience on some smaller servers, however they were very limited due to lack of players. However, my main experiences were to punish players accordingly, and on one occasion to build for the server. All these experiences came to an end as the servers had closed.

Have you ever received any punishment(s) on CycloneNetwork?*
    [If so, please explain why & what would have learned from this experience.]
    In this version of Cyclone I have not received any punishments, I did however get punishments in Version 2, 3 and 4. These punishments were mainly just spam, excessive caps and inappropriate behaviour warns and occasional mutes. However I do believe that I have grown out of this sort of silliness which is also why I believe this is why I have not gotten any punishments this version also. I did not get any punishments during Version 5, however in Version 6 I did warn myself once or twice.

How long have you been playing on CycloneNetwork?*
    [If exact time isn’t known, a general idea will do.]
    I have been playing on Cyclone Network from the end of Version 1. I briefly played prison in V1 and was hooked since. I returned after the rest in Version 2 a little late, but ever since then I have played consistently. I did however take a break of just under a year after I resigned, however I am back and playing daily now. From Version 2 to Version 6 I had been on almost every single day for at least 2 hours a day, and when it got to Version 5 I was playing much more due to me being staff and generally just enjoying the server more!

Give an example of a problem you’ve encountered and how you solved it.*
    [This can either be in game or in the real world.]
    An example of a problem I encountered which I had solved would definitely be on the day I was accepted as a Helper on August 20th 2016. I had just started and within a couple hours I had a trouble maker on my hands. This player would not comply with the rules and after several warns I muted the player. When the players mute had ran out, the trouble started further. I decided to contact an admin, however they did not respond quickly, and the player was being relatively toxic; this led me to mute the player for a day and screenshot some of the things they were saying, which was very insulting towards myself, the server and the general community and so I sent the screenshots to an admin. The admin decided it would be best to ban the player for the trouble they had caused.

Tell us about yourself - What qualities/skills do you feel define you?*
    [This would include activities and hobbies outside of Minecraft. As well as skills that would benefit the team.]
    I’m a good team player which would make me able to get along with and work alongside the current staff and future staff to come, allowing me to help the staff get on with their jobs always. I’m also very friendly, but I like to have a bit of a laugh. This would benefit the team and the server as I will be likeable and approachable for help and I could set a good example if I would be the first staff member newer players see.

I’ve always enjoyed helping other people, I like to spread joy and positivity with the occasional laugh. I try to help many people, and stay in the best mood as I possibly can!

Anything else we should know that we didn't ask about?*
    If you were unaware my name is Josh or Joshua, however I am also known by British, Brit, Munkeh and even Jish or Jishue sometimes. You can call me whatever you like though, as long as you let me know you're talking to me!

I’ll be going into Year 13 starting September 2018, this will mean I’ll be taking exams which will contribute to university if I wish in May-June 2019.

I am currently studying Business studies, History and Product Design as A-Levels at school, which you can Google if you wish to know what they are.

Good luck to everyone else! – Joshua / BritishMunkeh

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. +++++++Support
    You are mature with a sense of humor. You are helpful and have experience on the server as staff. You're smart and can understand the best solution to problems. Perfect fit for staff.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. +++++++Support
    You are mature with a sense of humor. You are helpful and have experience on the server as staff. You're smart and can understand the best solution to problems. Perfect fit for staff.

4. Hey Brit, after reading your application, and knowing you from the heart, I believe you definitely deserve another chance as staff even tho you resiged. I like this application, nice and detailed, you took your time to make it and go through it.
    I r8 this app +Support m8.
    - Bam <3

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Thank you guys! Very kind.

6. You suck.

Jokes aside, not only are you an amazing friend and person, you were an amazing staff member in the past and I wouldn't expect anything less. You clearly have shown what you were capable of as evidenced by the fact you were promoted several times. You did have a couple of bumps in the road but a true mark of a staff member is learning from those mistakes and understanding no one is perfect. I'd be happy to see you back on the staff team and I hope you continue to make Cyclone proud with your work and effort. [+Support]

Good luck man!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. You’re the cutest xoxo Thank you for the kind words!

8. I have seen you be toxic from time to time. Especially to me but I might've deserved it. I do like the application but don't remember you as a staff member. It's a neutral from me.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. AT LAST HE RE-APPLIED!!!

Knowledgeable, helpful, polite, funny. What more could you want in a staff member? You have my absolute full support! Looking forward to seeing you back in action!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Thankyou for the honesty, I appreciate that. It’s been a while since I was staff so that’s understandable haha.
    Thank you very much Astro!!! Too kind lyl xox

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hey British,
    I looked into your application and for real, I don't know what you could change ;)
    I've known you for many years and I really appreciated you when you were staff :)
    From what I saw in-game, you are really mature and you don't give up to defend your ideas and your thoughts.
    I really think you could make a great staff again :)
    I wish you the best of luck with your application !
    [+Support]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. <3

13. Meh it was alright

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. oof :(

15. We all know damn well this is getting accepted. Better than everyone else on the current awaiting interview or acceptance/denial.
    (No offence but I don't care <3)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. + support The man, The myth, The legend re-applied. Dab on them haters Joshua I hope u get accepted! You are very friendly and you are well known in the community!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Thank you very much guys! Very kind and friendly. Lots of love x

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. omg brit!!!!
    +Support
    make me proud son

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. omg omg omg real munkeh +Support +Support +Support

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. I wish you the best of luck, Mr Munkeh. Your application is very good and well detailed. +Support

• Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.