Copied to Clipboard!

Just paste into your Minecraft client to play.

Paradox's Application 5.0

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by ParadoxGamerYT, Mar 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 ParadoxGamerYT, Mar 12, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
    IGN (In Game Name); ParadoxGamerYT aka Stephen.

Date of application; 13/04/2017.

Age; 24.

Country; England, United Kingdom.

Time Zone; GMT.

In Game ranks (Mine rank and Donation Rank, only if you have one);
    Mine rank; [P11 - Z] Donor rank; [GOD].

Have you any past staff experiences? If any, then please describe (DO NOT post other server IP's);

I believe that over the past few years I have gained a considerable amount of knowledge and experience from being staff on other servers. [I would like to clarify, the reasons behind mysel still not being staff of these servers has nothing to do with rule breaking or being banned, the servers simply had come to an end and as a team we moved on to other things]

When I started being interested becoming part of a staff team, I was in it for the power, nothing else and that's what I got, not a lot but something was amazing about it, it's that feeling of being given trust. It wasn't until I had to use that power to punish someone that I came to relies that I wanted to make this server better and serve the community to make it better.

My first ever role was "Helper" for a small prison server, I was given the task of moderating the chat, basic stuff, I could only mute and kick people for breaking rules. If I wanted to ban someone I had to speak with a mod or someone above them. Over time in this role I had proven to be reliable and resourceful. I had slowly gained the trust of the admin team and then the owner of the server. I was then promoted to the role of "Mod" it came with the same commands but had the ability to temp-ban people. After a while, the admin team had decided that they needed to have someone micro manage the other mods/helpers when they were not available. I was given the role of "Head-Mod" this had the same commands as the other roles, it just came with some extras. There were a total of 5 mods and 3 helpers on this server, it was my role to make sure no one abused there powers and cause issues. After about 2 years on this server I had become great friends with the owner and I still am today. One day he made the choice to focus more on his YouTube channel and less on the server its self.

After this I moved onto other server [about a year and a half after] where I was given the same role as the last server, but this time it was a multi-world server, like this one. I and 2 other "Head-Moderators" would co-manage about 30 mods over 5 different servers. This included some extra "outside the server" moderation on the enjin forum they had set up. After about 2 weeks I was promoted to Admin and given full control over the forum website. [I was the only one who knew how to set up all the different sub-pages]. This is when they decided to give me my first taste in helping choose new staff and reading through applications. My first task that I took upon myself was to re-wright the application process. This helped the server to grab the correct members to become staff. I no longer use this server anymore but I will get asked for advice regarding certain applications.

For a few months I was part of a SMP server where I befriended a fellow YouTuber who wanted to set up and create his own modded server. With all my experience I had, with time, he promoted me to Head-Admin. This was when the fun started. Because of the time differences it was hard for us to both be on the server at the same time. This required him to give me more access to the mainframe of the server. I was allowed access the servers database and file system [modded servers were not 100% reliable and sometimes crashed] I would need to reboot or correct anything that had gone wrong. Alongside these powers I was heading up a team of about 50 people. [Basically I was second in command of the server] This is where I learned and improved on my management skills. I was given the task of choosing the staff for this server, this included the process and review of the process. This also included writing and formatting several different applications. It was a hard job and required a load of time and effort but at the end of the day it was worth it, just knowing that I have helped to make a server where people are enjoying themselves.

Over the years [in-between the servers mentioned above] I had attempted on several different times to set up private survival servers for friends and server staff that just wanted to play on a quiet server for a few hours.

The one major thing that I learned from all this is, Communication the key to maintaining a good working server. I don't just mean with the normal players, I also mean as a staff team, there always has to be ways for staff to get hold of people who are higher up. From the first server I found out that if you were a "helper" and had an issue you could not deal with, you either had to overreact and mute someone for a very long time or just had to roll over and ignore it as there was no was of getting to the right people.

Do you have TeamSpeak, Skype and a microphone?;
    Yes I don have a Mic, I use both skype and TeamSpeak quite a lot. I can also use any other software that you may require.

Have you ever been banned, muted or kicked on CycloneNetwork? (If so, then why?);
    No I haven't, I have not been muted, kicked or even been given a warning.

How long have you been playing on CycloneNetwork?;
    I have been on the server since 20/09/2016.

Do you have the ability to record Minecraft videos?;
    I use to be a YouTuber so I have the ability to record good quality HD 1080p videos. I currently have 12,971 Subscribers.

Where are you most active on CycloneNetwork?;
    I use to only play on Prison but my love for skyblock has come back so I am on there more right now. I was a regular player on the creative server and would love to see something like that return.

Tell us about a time you made a mistake? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?;
    When it comes to this server I believe that no mistakes have been made. But you would have seen from reading my experience that some mistakes I been made evolving communication, this had been solved by creating correct channels for people to communicate with.

Have you made any previous applications, if so how many and what is the date of your last one?;
    This will be my fifth application. My first last one was posted on the 02/02/2017.

Anything else we should know?;
    I believe that I can bring all of the knowledge and experience that I have accumulated over the years of playing Minecraft and being part of server teams. I know that I can disconnect myself emotionally from issues or situations and keep myself from being bias towards anyone but still showing empathy towards people who have been at the wrong end of misfortunate event. This has helped me weed out unwanted attention, I would not hesitate to ban my best friend if I had been pushed into doing so.

I believe that I currently follow all of the rules and will continue to do so if I am granted the opportunity of becoming staff. I would consider myself like a father figure, empathetic and helpful towards those who need help and come down hard and fairly on those who believe the rules do not apply to them. On another servers I was a highly respected member of staff and this had been a major contributor in the reduction in the number of players that had been punished/banned.

I believe that we have been chosen to help out the community to make it better for those to enjoy, the mere thought of abusing powers that have been given to one’s self didn't even cross my mind and if I saw other members of staff abusing those powers, I would not hesitate to mention this to a superior. I would show my constant loyalty to the server by never speaking wrongly about to anyone or about any member of staff.

From previous experiences with the application process. I have learned that, it is better to give an honest answer. Something that is truthfully represents you as a person, rather than what people expect from you.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. One of the best staff applications I've seen in a long time, from what I've read I can't spot any mistakes at all! But one thing if you get accepted(most probably)you should start playing on both skyblock and factions and not spend all day in prison. Apart from that, I wish you the best of luck.

~LifeOfGaming01 aka. The one that gave you 700tokens for free ❤️

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Impressive!:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Another great application from ParadoxGamer, maybe this time you might get accepted! Good Luck!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Nice grammar mistake.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Optimistic grammar enthusiast=Pur

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I saw this comment, Got me thinking how this was a mistake. I can't see it. No matter how many times I read it out loud it still sounds correct.
    #ParadoxGamerYT

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. You spelled server wrong :p

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. LOL, I feel real silly not not seeing that!
    #ParadoxGamerYT

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Spelt not spelled

• Winner Winner x 2
  11. Great application paradox don't see any grammar mistakes! A lot of detail we like that.

-Shark

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  12. Love this application. GL

• Like Like x 1
  13. It might be me being stupid, but I'm a bit confused by this. Other than that, great application! You seem friendly and mature, good luck, -Henry.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. You're not the only confused one here, but I'm pretty sure he meant his last one was posted in 2017

15. Thanks, the first one was supposed to be 2017 not 16!
    #Paradox

• Like Like x 3
  16. Supposed* you're making quite a lot of grammatical mistakes, read through your application and make your edits.❤️

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. People are just nitpicking! It's what people do when they see something thats good!

#ParadoxGamer

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. This is what I liven about you, you're always trying to take the good side of things and never look at negativity. Common factors of a great staff

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Thanks! I honestly don't see why I should let everything bother me. It's not worth it :D
    #ParadoxGamer

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Locking thread due to Application not being in the correct format, you can reapply with the following format found Here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.