There are currently
others playing on
mc.cyclonenetwork.org

MatthJBrown1's Staff Application!

Discussion in 'Applications' started by MatthJBrown1, Jan 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MatthJBrown1

MatthJBrown1 Active Member

This is my first application for anything like this. Please leave feedback in the comments so I can improve and become better!

IGN:
    In Minecraft my username is MatthJBrown1, but I get called Matty, Matt as well.

Date of application: Wednesday, January 18th, 2017

Age: My age at the moment is 13, but I am turning 14 this year. I know that 13 sounds a little young, but I am very mature.

Time zone: My time zone is London, England, GMT - 1

InGame Rank: In the Cyclone Server I don't have a rank, but I am looking into buying one.

Have you any past staff experiences?: I have had no staff experience, but I did use to host my own server using my laptop. I found that it wasn't good enough to make a financial gain from, like most servers, so I just turn it on when friends or family want to play with me.

I have never applied before for any staff job, but when I used to have my own server, I was technically one of the staff. I helped many people and they seemed to think that I was a warm hearted man.

My server had many commands such as /fly and /craft so I am familiar with commands and can adapt to different commands that I have never used or seen.

This is not the same as the staff role, but it's very similar. I found that I liked to be able to help people to use my server correctly and I imagine that it will feel the same for this server. I have learned that I am not a push over and will always try to get my point across, but I am not too stubborn so I will listen and take in different points from other members. I would think that is one of the most important features of being a staff member.

Do you have Teamspeak, Skype, and a microphone?: Yes, I have all of them. I have a microphone that is built into my laptop as well as a camera, but I also have microphone headphones.

Have you ever been banned, muted or kicked on CycloneNetwork?: I have never been banned, but I have been kicked before as there was a lot of lag and I was glitching in mid-air. But, I logged straight back on and teleported somewhere else to stop this from happening again.

How long have you been playing on CycloneNetwork?: This is probably the main area that lets me down the most. I have been playing for around 1-2 months now. Yes, I know that is not long enough, but even if you could give me a go. I have tried my hardest to be on for as long as I could. I have made many friends with the staff, or so it seems. I have learned all the commands and seem to be as knowledgeable as the staff.

Do you have the ability to record Minecraft video?: Yes, I have good software. I'm sure you will be familiar with Final Cut Pro and OBS. This may create a little lag in the game, but it is still watchable. And, if it does totally get too laggy I have the QuickTime recorder which makes no lag.

I also have created a youtube channel so I can post hackers etc.

Where are you most active on CycloneNetwork?: I am mostly in the factions server, but I will try and experiment more. I love to play Skyblock as well. I also like to play Prisons as it is also quite good, so I really enjoy all the mini-games.

On Factions, I have a good fraction that is starting to make lots of money, but I wouldn't mind if I had to give the owner permissions to someone else in my faction so I could focus my attention on helping people.

I have recently just started a Skyblock island as well so I could be used on any of them two games.

Tell us about a time you made a mistake?: I've made many mistakes in my life, but one of the main ones was when I felt so angry and I lashed out. I started a fight, as soon as the first punch was thrown I almost regretted every starting it. I had the faster reactions so as he tried to swing back at me I dodged it. I then broke it up myself. I managed to talk him down and I apologized, I took the full blame as I had started it and to this day we are still friends. We just look back and laugh now. But, don't worry that fight taught me a lesson in life, always be calm in all situations. Anger blurs your true feelings.

I have also learned that friends are always there for you, even if it feels like they are not. So I try to always be nice to everyone and make a couple of new friends. I think this links in with how you have to be calm and allow people to ask questions. That's why I am a good candidate for the job, I'm calm and desperately trying to learn every day.

Have you made any previous applications?: I have never applied for any job application before. I may have signed up for council or something at school before, but never like this. I once stood in front of the whole school reading out an application to become a house captain for the different colors. At school, we had these things called house points and we had to count them and produce them basically. The ones with the most house points won at the end of the week.

I was picked and I was voted in for four years. I must have been doing a good job if people kept me the house captain for four years. This just shows you how hard I can and will work.

Anything else we should know?: I am a relaxed person and will always try to take the right path and always try to make the best decision. I am an open person so I am good working with people. I see that the staff are all good friends and I am hoping that if I can manage to become a staff I can become part of the community.

I think that I could bring a lot to the server. I could help crack down on hackers. I'm a fast learner so it wouldn't take me long to catch up to the other staff. I could bring my knowledge of Minecraft and help as many people out as I can. I am a very active person, obviously, I have school so I would not be able to go on Minecraft during school times, but I could access this forums web page at school. Straight after school, and before I can be on Minecraft.

I like to sit and play games a lot on the computer, so this would be a perfect job role for me. I could do what I love; while helping out the server and the players. I know that loads of people must put applications in, but I'm sure that I would be a good pick.

Well, that's it. I have given this my best shot. I can offer you a lot more that isn't just on paper. Actions speak louder than words. Thank you for all the comments and the feedback that everyone is giving me!

I may not be the best writer, but never judge a book by its cover. I feel like I have so much more to show, but I struggle to write it all down on paper. If you have any questions about this please write it down below.​

Kind Regards
    MatthJBrown1

#1 MatthJBrown1, Jan 18, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. iAstronaut

iAstronaut Active Member

Hey there Matty,

I can see that you joined the forums today which isn't a great start. Try to be as active as you can on Forums and in Game to better your chances as an applicant. You've also only been playing Cyclone for 2 weeks which simply isn't long enough to familiarize yourself with the players, commands and general knowledge that you'd need to provide if you were to become a staff member.

There isn't a load of detail, so try to re-read your application and add as much detail where possible. In terms of formatting, try to use less bold and use it to make things stand out or for Questions. Try not to use italics as a lot of people find it difficult to read and it doesn't look very professional. Also try to add a color scheme to make your application look more appealing.

Hope I helped!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MatthJBrown1

Yes, I agree with you. I have changed everything for you. The only thing that I can't help is the time I have been playing for. I thank you for your comment and feedback. Maybe this edited version maybe be a bit better!

#3 MatthJBrown1, Jan 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  4. MiToCam

MiToCam Trial Helper
    Staff Member Trial Helper

Hey Matt, you seem like a nice guy as I've been talking to you a bit in game. The only thing I would say is you haven't really been playing Cyclone for too long so you haven't gotten to know the community as well as others have. There are also a couple of grammar and spelling mistakes in your application which I'm sure won't be hard to sort out.

I would also suggest maybe adding more detail into the last question, like why you think you would be a good staff, your hobbies, things you find fun etc. Overall it's a decent application, with bits just needing tweaked here and there.

5. MatthJBrown1

Thank you MiToCam!

I will have a look into adding more detail into my last question and finding them mistakes. Just for instance, if I wasn't approved for various reasons would I be told? Or are you only told if you are accepted?

• Like Like x 3
  6. Pur

Pur Well-Known Member

Application looks good! I see little to no mistakes with this application. The most triggering mistake is this one

TRIGGERED

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. MatthJBrown1

• Like Like x 1
  8. ChrisPlayz

ChrisPlayz Active Member

Glad to find someone my age c: that's right, I'm 14. Us young teenagers can actually be many mature in many different types of situations. Also nice application with a good amount of detail and color.
    Good luck Matty.
    -Chris

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. MatthJBrown1

Cheers Chris,

Us teenagers NEED to stick together!

MatthJBrown1

10. Smite

Smite Member

Hello MatthJBrown1. I've read your application, and I think you did a pretty good job on it. You have a decent amount of detail and all that needs to be said was said. I think you said all that you could say that would help you get staff. I don't see any grammar errors and based on your sentence structure, you sound pretty mature. My only recommendation for this application would be to add some colors that fit well with each other as I don't feel like the dark red and aqua work. Your application seems pretty good, accept for one thing.

The one thing that I think will prevent you from becoming staff is that you only joined three weeks ago. I think this will really hurt you because activity and playing time is really key in getting accepted. You are kind of just a new player and like iAstronaut said, just joined the forums today. Last I checked, you were also the latest member to the forums. Three weeks is not enough time to get to know the community and how everything works around here. For example, do not start a conversation with staff asking them to read your application. The admins will at some point go through every application and accept the good ones. Also, you have just posted your application so it will get attention. Just be patient, and also be patient with your application. Get to know some people and the community before posting your application. However, your application seems pretty good so I'll give you a +1, Smite Approved.

11. MatthJBrown1

Thank You! Once I had sent the message I remembered that we were told not to bug you, so I'm really sorry about that. I'm going to try and stay up later ( like this ) to learn more about the server and the forums. I know I'm a 'noob', but I'm going to work really hard to brush up my skills. Is it you who accepts and declines peoples applications?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Smite

Smite Member

Nope, the admins do. I'm just a trial helper. Kianlos, Dylz, or fire959fox will accept or deny your application.

13. MatthJBrown1

Well Thank you for your comment and criticism, both have been equally beneficial. See you on the server tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Smite

Smite Member

Ok MatthJBrown1. I usually play prison but occasionally factions. Hope to see you on!

15. MatthJBrown1

Yes, I hope to see you on

• Like Like x 1
  16. Llamar

Llamar New Member

nice

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ice_Raven

Ice_Raven Queen Of Ice
    Staff Member Helper

There are still a few spelling errors in your application.

Work on trying to be more active on the server and on the forums. If you've only been on for a few weeks you have a lot to observe.

Being your age isn't always considered young. It's a window into the world of a teenager.

Application looks good otherwise. Keep up the good work.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. MatthJBrown1

#18 MatthJBrown1, Jan 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  19. MatthJBrown1

Thank you for your feedback!

• Like Like x 1
  20. BlazedBaby

BlazedBaby New Member

Awesome! Great guy, would make great staff!

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.