There are currently
others playing on
mc.cyclonenetwork.org

Henry's First Application Since Resignation

Discussion in 'Applications' started by ZynoVortex, Mar 18, 2017.

1. ZynoVortex

ZynoVortex Pizza Addict

IGN (InGame Name): x3Henryy

Date of application: 18th March 2017

Time zone: GMT

InGame ranks (Mine rank and Donation Rank,only if you have one)

I have been Wind rank globally since V4, but I have only just started playing the new OPPrison, and I'm rank E.

Have you any past staff experiences? If any, then please describe (DO NOT post other server IP's)

Yes. The main experience is that I was staff on this server for just over a month. Prior, I had a server that was just for me and my mates from school, so there wasn't really even a staff team, I just had to watch over players and ensure they were following set rules.

Do you have Teamspeak, Skype and a microphone?

I do. I have all three, of which I can access and use easily.

Have you ever been banned, muted or kicked on CycloneNetwork? (If so, then why?)

If you have read my other application then you may have a better understanding of where I'm coming from. But in a nutshell, I was immature when I first took the server seriously in the fourth version. I would often abuse rules and get punished. I was once banned for 24 hours for getting into arguments with other people, but the issue was resolved and that was a while ago at this point. I have been muted before for various reasons, due to warns, spams etc. I have also been kicked before, but most of those kicks were not serious, and were for block glitches and other issues as such.

How long have you been playing on CycloneNetwork?

Technically, the first time I joined was in V2. I played that versions prison for a couple weeks but soon drifted away from it all. V3 passed and I was inactive, nearly completely, throughout that period. In February of 2016, which was a few weeks into V4, I joined back in for good. (I took about a month break at the start of the current version to focus on school and homework, but my grades went nowhere so.)

Do you have the ability to record minecraft video?

I do. I know from experience that this is to catch proof of any event - so I suppose I can keep the software open in a different window and I can just hit record in the case of it being needed.

Where are you most active on CycloneNetwork?

Like most, skyblock. However as I have previously said, I have just started playing OPPrison this version, and I don't plan to stop playing them. Obviously I'm fine with jumping between servers if the staff need me there.

Tell us about a time you made a mistake? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?

In terms of the server -
    In version four, I was messing around and being stupid with a few friends and I got muted for a week. By far, my worst punishment on this server. I dealt with it by not fussing and accepting the consequence. Despite my immaturity, I was aware that causing a fuss over the incident would only worsen it. Once the mute had finished, I apologized to all involved and carried on. I learnt that messing around as badly as I did, wasn't worth it. I could've either messed around for 5 minutes and get muted for a week, or be mature and not get muted. If you look at it that way, the choice is a pretty simple one to make.

In terms of when I was staff-

When I was a staff member, there were two chats; a serious chat for conversations about the server and related issues, and a crap chat for random conversations between staff. I made a mistake by putting one of the jokey-type messages in the serious chat, which isn't where it should have been posted. I dealt with the issue after I was removed from the chat and spoke to Dylz privately and apologized for what I had done. I learnt that if I'm going to joke around or be silly, I should at least make sure I'm putting my messages in the right place and not disturb the other staff members by making them think what they got sent was important.

In terms of real life -
    There was once a time when I was around 3 or 4 years old. It was probably the first time I ever learnt a valuable lesson, and I have in fact valued it since. I was playing in nursery school (kindergarten) around the sandpit, when I decided it would be apparently funny to put sand in a girls hair. As you could've guessed, I wasn't allowed to play with the sand anymore and I lost a friend, which made me instantly regret what I did.

Have you made any previous applications, if so how many and what is the date of your last one?

Yes, this is my second, (my first since I resigned,) My first was made on October 26th 2016.

Anything else we should know?

If I was to become a staff member, I would do things differently compared to the first time around. I would try to resolve my own problems and try to think of the best decision to make without having to ask anyone else for help. I would also continue to do what I do right now, which is keep the forums open in a separate tab so I can access it easily and see if there are any new threads I can give my opinion on. In terms of playing on the server, I would make sure everyone is following the rules and try to keep the chat as docile as possible. If a player needs me on another server, I wont wait to go over there, just in case the problem is serious.

This is going to be long to read, so only start if you have the time to finish, and please consider everything :).

First of all, I would like to state why I resigned, and then explain why I want to come back. I resigned because I was unable to come on the server due to technical issues. During this time, I sort of 'forced' myself to try and survive away from the server, which in a way, it worked, but only because there was no way I could come on the server anyway. I also started meeting up with friends which did take up time, but that stopped happening as often. I also said I liked the time away from the screen, which I did, but things quickly got boring. Therefore, adding all these events together, I really enjoy the server and playing it again. I am also close friends with some people on the server, which is also nice as I'm able to enjoy playing and talking to people.

Second of all, as I've mentioned, before I was staff on this server, I never really had proper experience, so I was coming in completely new to being a helper. After being in the position of staff for over a month, I feel like I slowly got used to role, and improved throughout the time. If I were to become staff again, I would know more now than I did then, which I'm optimistically believing will benefit me. I picked up a few things whilst I was on the team. I learnt, obviously, a few commands; /warn /kick, /mute (and how long for, and I learnt a few other commands like how to go into staff chat and social spy, but I'm not sure whether I should post them here so just to be safe I wont. As staff, I also learnt to be more mature, as maturity is essential for the role, how to control situations, and give people fair punishments.

Thirdly, I'm aware it has only been around 5 months since I left the team, but five months is quite a long time in perspective, and especially since I've started playing more again recently, I have gone over how I acted as a helper the first time around. As said, I was rather inexperienced, and regularly needed to bug other staff team members for support. At this point as well, I was also rather immature. I often said things in the wrong chat, made common mistakes, and annoyed other helpers, mods and admits. I'm aware that these previous experiences may effect upon the decision to accept me back as a helper, but I'm sincerely asking for another chance to prove myself.

Finally, I am aware of my mass of past punishments. I like to say that I have a sense of humor, which I can often get carried away with and suffer consequences regularly. However, I am able to control my behavior. Leading up to me becoming staff last year, I was able to mature enough in the space of a few days, and quickly learnt that being silly and childish was pointless and was significantly less beneficial to me. I was well behaved enough from that point onward until I left.

To sum things up and conclude, at the time of resigning I though it was a good idea, but looking back it wasn't my best of choices. I didn't have much knowledge the first time as staff, and I hope that I can prove myself again. I have thought over my past actions and decisions as a player and as staff member, and feel like I could drastically improve, say I given the opportunity. I am proud to stand and say that yes, I can be very immature and childish, but I can control this and be the mature person the staff team requires when I am needed to be so. I am also close friends with a couple staff members, so I wouldn't be returning to the team without any friends already there who I could talk and interact with whilst on the server.

Thank you for reading, despite how long it is. I like to be honest and really express myself, which fortunately/unfortunately has lead to a big page of words to read :).

If you want to get to know me a bit more before you make any assumptions, check out my introduction: http://cyclonenetwork.org/threads/henryyッ.3726/

-Henry.

#1 ZynoVortex, Mar 18, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2017 at 9:11 PM
    • Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Rectangle

Rectangle Officer
    Staff Member Officer

Ahhh!! Good luck Henry :) Missed you lots cutie <3

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. ZynoVortex

ZynoVortex Pizza Addict

Thank you! :) I missed you too <33

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Sub

Sub Well-Known Member

Well standardized, and systematic application,consequentially written in an formal approach,abundant in information,
    You may use some conjugating
    colors to make your app more appealing,have used grammar and spellings accurately
    Well done ,hope you will be added once again
    Good Luck:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. MiToCam

MiToCam Trial Helper
    Staff Member Trial Helper

Hey Henry, This is one of the best applications I have seen in a while. There seems to be no grammar or spelling mistakes and there is lots of detail added to all of your responses. However, you could maybe add some COLOUR but of course that is your decision. Maybe add what you learnt whilst being staff like what commands etc. Apart from that this is a very good application.

Your Friendly Llama,

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Gabe

Gabe Well-Known Member

:O, I've always wanted this since you left. No errors for me, greatest of luck Hen!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Joshua

Joshua Officer/Idiot
    Staff Member Officer

Actually shocked to see this! It's a very good application, good luck on coming back and Snapchat me more thx.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. MatthJBrown1

MatthJBrown1 Active Member

Good Application! One of the best I have seen in awhile. Maybe you could try and add some colour, but apart from that, this looks good!

Good Luck
    Kind Regards

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

Good application best of luck
    -Shark

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. ZynoVortex

ZynoVortex Pizza Addict

Haha thanks for all the feedback, I will briefly explain what I learnt as a staff member and I will add some color too.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Life01

Life01 Active Member

Really nice app, if you get staff make sure not to quit again for 'more social stuff' ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. ZynoVortex

ZynoVortex Pizza Addict

Haha thank you, I wont :)

• Like Like x 2
  13. MiToCam

MiToCam Trial Helper
    Staff Member Trial Helper

The colours you have picked are very nice! Great application. Good Luck!

Your Friendly Llama,

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Sub

Sub Well-Known Member

So True,simple and charming and cumulative

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. ZynoVortex

ZynoVortex Pizza Addict

Thank you very much :).

• Like Like x 2
  16. ZynoVortex

ZynoVortex Pizza Addict

EDIT UPDATE:
    I have added a paragraph on what I would (and wouldn't) do as a staff member. The paragraph has been highlighted in purple so it's easy to find if you've already read the rest of the application.

• Like Like x 1
  17. _0romis_

_0romis_ Drifting Away...

Yea you are still immature... Good luck

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. ZynoVortex

ZynoVortex Pizza Addict

I took a months break, only came back for good a couple of weeks ago and haven't seen you since. Don't know where you got your assumption from, but I guess I value your opinion of me. Have a good day.

• Like Like x 3
  19. ZynoVortex

ZynoVortex Pizza Addict

EDIT UPDATE:
    I have added a link to my introduction thread so you can get to know me better, and use it along with my application to make assumptions :).

20. Petarr

Petarr Model
    Staff Member Helper